Best SHADY spots to watch MK parade?

ead79

<font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v
We are going to WDW in May, and my 2 year old daughter has recently become interested in parades. We will want to try to see the daytime parade at the Magic Kingdom without broiling. What are the best spots to see the parade that are in the shade?

dress in a trench coat and take cell phone pics of other peoples kids. can't get shadier than that.

We are going to WDW in May, and my 2 year old daughter has recently become interested in parades. We will want to try to see the daytime parade at the Magic Kingdom without broiling. What are the best spots to see the parade that are in the shade?

I am pretty sure it is along Main Street, the same side as Casey's that has the best shade. There are some covered entrances from some of the buildings that help as well. The opposite side of the street (Bakery ... I mean Starbucks!) was hot and sunny to say the least.

Hope you have a great time watching with your DD. :)

Frontierland offers some shade too, in Sept we watched from near the pin store (I think that's what it was, next to Country Bears) and we were nicely shaded. Also next to a planter so not crowded on that side.

Elisabeth!!! Great to see you. And 2 years old already?!?! Wow, time flies. Hope you, Colin and little one have a super time.

For the parade, I do like Frontierland also.

Elisabeth!!! Great to see you. And 2 years old already?!?! Wow, time flies. Hope you, Colin and little one have a super time. For the parade, I do like Frontierland also.

Hey Dan! I can't believe it either! It seems like she was a newborn just yesterday. Maybe if I do Frontierland near the stores some of the air conditioning will blow out onto us lol! How is your family?

The MK Parade Route.

MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

If you plan to watch the parade from say, Fronteirland, what time do you need to find a spot on a busy day? 30 min before the parade start? Or 30 (or less or more) from when it should go by Fronteirland?

we like the spot on main street by the barber shop, it is covered, there is a bench close by, and it's never been super crowded when we've been there, so you get great interaction with the parade cast.

If you plan to watch the parade from say, Fronteirland, what time do you need to find a spot on a busy day? 30 min before the parade start? Or 30 (or less or more) from when it should go by Fronteirland?
I would say 30 minutes would be fine.

Hey Dan! I can't believe it either! It seems like she was a newborn just yesterday. Maybe if I do Frontierland near the stores some of the air conditioning will blow out onto us lol! How is your family?
They do keep those doors open on the stores, brings the people in on a hot day.

Everyone is fine, Elisabeth, thanks. Marie, Natalie, Vince and all the grandkids, all well. I am looking to be there end of April with Natalie and her two, Jeremy and Christopher. We did last year, it was great. Hope your mom and dad are well too.

Okay, back to on topic. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter