Best Secrets in Disneyland

We met Mickey, Minnie, Aladdin, Aurora, Prince Phillip, Snow White, Goofy, Pinnochio and Alice in Wonderland all in a 30 minute time span. We stood outside of the character entrance/exit at the front of the park. If you walk through the tunnels, before Main Street, look to the right. You will see a large black and white mural made up of thousands of tiny pictures. At this gate is where you can find characters coming and going. They are happy to sign autographs and pose for a picture if you can catch them there, It was a great way for my kids to meet the characters, and they felt special, because they had not waited in a long line and the characters truly acted happy to see them.

yep! i agree with this.

goofy came out once, took dd's hand and skipped with her to his "photo" spot. just the two of them. i got a nice pic of just the two of them walking with no one nearby. :D

Co-pilot the Mark Twain. Walking the decks of the Mark Twain at night. ( non-fantasmic nights)

How do you get to Co-Pilot the Mark Twain Riverboat? Is it going to be totally lame if a 27 year old rocks up to do this? I've been to DL twice; the first time the riverboat was down for refurb, second time my party would not let me on it. My #1 thing to do this trip is get on that damn Riverboat!

How do you get to Co-Pilot the Mark Twain Riverboat? Is it going to be totally lame if a 27 year old rocks up to do this? I've been to DL twice; the first time the riverboat was down for refurb, second time my party would not let me on it. My #1 thing to do this trip is get on that damn Riverboat!

I think you can just go up and ask, and I think the CM's are used to 27 year olds that are kids at heart :)

Last time I was there it was very early in the morning and there were few people on the boat, so I walked up as high and as forward as I could. After a few seconds the pilot-CM came up to me and asked me if I wanted to pilot the boat. I said yes!

Don't forget to sign the log book! Hopefully they give you the pilot's license as well.

Tiradan said:
I think you can just go up and ask, and I think the CM's are used to 27 year olds that are kids at heart :)

Last time I was there it was very early in the morning and there were few people on the boat, so I walked up as high and as forward as I could. After a few seconds the pilot-CM came up to me and asked me if I wanted to pilot the boat. I said yes!

Don't forget to sign the log book! Hopefully they give you the pilot's license as well.

:) so do I just ask to ride in the wheelhouse before boarding and then make googley eyes at the captain until he/she let's me steer? Lol

:) so do I just ask to ride in the wheelhouse before boarding and then make googley eyes at the captain until he/she let's me steer? Lol

The CM who stands at the turnstile to get into the waiting area is sometimes the captain of the next boat. Ask that person if you can go up to the wheelhouse! Good luck!

Loving the thread a lot. Does it get updated often? I'll be at the Resort the week after Indy's refurb is done soI will definitely help, and report on whether or not the fun things in the queue work again. :thumbsup2

Are kids still able to go to the front of the monorail? Where do you go and who do you ask?

Thanks!

Yes, we did this last week.
Just ask the monorail attendant.
They only take 4 people in the nose cone.
You may have to wait for the next monorail but it's worth it.
The pilot even let us take pics in the driver's seat! :cool1:

Yes, we did this last week.
Just ask the monorail attendant.
They only take 4 people in the nose cone.
You may have to wait for the next monorail but it's worth it.
The pilot even let us take pics in the driver's seat! :cool1:

Thanks so much!! This is AWESOME! My boys are going to LOVE this!!!

:yay::yay::yay:

Also, if you have more than 4 people you can ask to ride at the back of the monorail. Not as cool as the front, but still something cool :)

Thanks to everyone. Read every post in prep for our trip in 2 weeks. Really appreciate it.

Adults can go to the front of the monorail too. As noted previously, just ask the attendant. First come first served. Birthday button certainly helps though!

I have read about the b day button, but do they have any anniversary buttons?

They have 9 different buttons you can get. I'll post pictures of them tonight but they are

Birthday
Anniversary
Engagement
Wedding
Honorary Citizen (being discontinued)
Volunteer
Celebration
1st visit
Graduation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter