• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best scooter rental

Kchitw00

Earning My Ears
What's yalls advice on best and cheapest scooter rentals in the disney world area? Will be at pop century for a week start Dec 12.

I think Apple scooters is pretty cheap. $150 for a week, that includes insurance. I know they don't always give you the best scooters but for me, they have given excellent service, coming to the parks to replace defective scooters.
I am here in Fl now. It's our last night and our scooters will be picked up tonight. This trip we had no major problems with the scooters. I did have to do a little maintenance myself. There is a reset button that I had to use 3 times, but I knew to do that. My friends scooter never had any problems.
I will use them again, but I like cheap.

Used apple last week. Issue with battery. Had a replacement within an hour. Second time renting and they worked well for me.

Buena Vista gave me a quote; offered me 20% discount, and it was STILL the most expensive quote I've had by miles!

I've gone for Florida Mobility Rentals based on their incredibly low price and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff over the phone. They tell me they're in and out of Disney properties 15 - 20 times a day so they must be popular.

I don't think they are cheap, but I was delighted with Buena Vista scooter. They were wonderful to deal with on the phone, and the scooter was in perfect condition. The battery never fell below fully charged, although I used it all day and well into the evenings at Epcot. I was religious about turning it off whenever I was stopped however.
I saw many, many Buena Vista scooters, so they are popular too

I'll be at Pop next week and went with Scooterbug. I only chose them because they were less expensive and offered an after hours emergency phone. Couldn't find any negative reviews, but don't hear much positive about them either. Keeping fingers crossed.

I'll be at Pop next week and went with Scooterbug. I only chose them because they were less expensive and offered an after hours emergency phone. Couldn't find any negative reviews, but don't hear much positive about them either. Keeping fingers crossed.

I think Scooterbug also is who actually provides the WDW rentals. I know I've used a Scooterbug scooter at the San Francisco Zoo. (It wasn't obvious until you got to the paperwork that it was Scooterbug). My experience was that the scooter
was fine for a day at an uncrowded zoo. Personally, I didn't find it as maneuverable as the smaller scooters you can get from some of the other off-site rental companies near WDW. I also don't think their scooters break down for transport in regular vehicles, which some of the scooters from other companies can do. I think those are probably the main reasons you don't get many reviews here of them.

I think Scooterbug also is who actually provides the WDW rentals. I know I've used a Scooterbug scooter at the San Francisco Zoo. (It wasn't obvious until you got to the paperwork that it was Scooterbug). My experience was that the scooter
was fine for a day at an uncrowded zoo. Personally, I didn't find it as maneuverable as the smaller scooters you can get from some of the other off-site rental companies near WDW. I also don't think their scooters break down for transport in regular vehicles, which some of the scooters from other companies can do. I think those are probably the main reasons you don't get many reviews here of them.

Thanks for the info. Good to know you had no problems.The one I got is the Lite Rider Portable Model. I actually thought from the photos that it looked a little small. But it does have directions to break it down for transport. It was $20/day.

I have been using Walker Mobility for years. They are friendly and helpful people with reliable service and scooters. I suggest you call them for a price quote. Also, they work with the guest regarding delivery and pick-up.

OP, I rented from Scooterbug. Bottom line is no, I would not use them or any outside company again. Not because they are any better/worse than others, but because things happen that are out of your control. Last Monday, we were in Epcot when the battery lost charge after just a couple of hours. We took a break for lunch and hoped maybe it would get better. Meanwhile a thunderstorm with heavy rain blew in. We were all the way back in world showcase. The scooter was parked under an awning and covered with a poncho, so it was safe and dry, but I was stuck. When I called the company, I was told they would bring me another one but I would need to push the dead one to the front of the park. Two problems: I couldn't push it that far; and their ECVs were not supposed to be taken out in heavy rain. Eventually, my friend and I managed to get it there and Scooterbug did come and swap it out. But in the future, I would pay the extra money and rent only from Disney. It would be worth it to me just to know if I had problems the Disney CMs would be right there to help me. And according to folks I talked to, the Disney ECVs held a charge better and handled the rains with no problems.

I don't understand Scooterbug requiring you to push it to the front. I used Apple again when my battery died at test track I called them they said the tech would call back I used my wife's scooter and we went on test track the tech called back and said it would be 10 minutes I said we were on test track he said he would come to us and changed out the scooter before we were off the ride

I'm trying to find reviews on Scooterbug. I just read the review that said when the scooter broke down, they were required to push it to the front of the park before it would be switched. I thought this company, and others, were allowed to go in to the parks to deal with maintenance issues.

As far as the rain goes, while in Disneyland 2 months ago, we had 2 1/2 days of rain. We had been advised to use a clear trash bag to put over the tiller. We took several with us. They worked great.

I rented from them two years ago. No issues whatsoever. The scooter was delivered and waiting for me. It was in excellent condition. I was satisfied with the price. The scooter is very comfortable. I got the touring companion model.

I'm glad to hear this. Did you have a local ph# at all, or only a national toll free ph #?

I'm also looking at that same model. The picture online shows a headrest....did yours?

Thanks!

I'm glad to hear this. Did you have a local ph# at all, or only a national toll free ph #?

I'm also looking at that same model. The picture online shows a headrest....did yours?

Thanks!

Thanks![/QUOTE
Yes...it does have a head rest but I didn't think it was all that helpful. But...the seat is very comfortable and there is lots of leg room. I didn't see any other phone number on the site. I plan on using their web site to rent. Try the toll free number. I do remember calling when I rented before, just to ask some general questions. They were quite pleasant. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter