Best RV Campground or Park close to UO?

snowwhitesmom

DIS Veteran
Hi there!
Brand new RV owners here! Any advice on best places to stay close to the parks? Thanks in advance!

The closest that I can think of is probably Fort Wilderness at disney. I can't think of any other campgrounds in the area. If you google campgrounds near Universal, more campgrounds come up. I don't know if they are good because I have never stayed at any other campgrounds.

Kissimmee RV Park and Orlando/Kissimmee KOA are probably the next closest. Both are portable-hotel-room parking lots though, not campgrounds, but nice enough.

Look at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake. It is owned by the City of Orlando and is by far the closest and cheapest option. They aren’t currently taking reservations due to the pandemic, but it is going to be your best bet.

For future planning USO camping:
3 miles - Bill Frederick Park - (rv campground pandemic closed)
16.5 miles - Ft Wilderness

Bill Frederick Campground is a really picturesque lakeside city cg with shaded sites and hookups. Proximity to USO is awesome! The only disadvantage is many of the sites are heavily sloped and unlevel. It's manageable but something to keep in mind when selecting a site. Also, it books up quickly during the season. Definitely put it on your wish list for when it opens again. Enjoy your new rv, journeys and destinations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter