Best Rooms to Accommodate ECV

Porsche4

Mouseketeer
Just wanting some feedback on size of rooms. I am tossing up between the Tropicana or either of the Best Western Hotels across the street from the DL Esplanade. I will be hiring an ECV so I am looking for the hotel that will have the most room to accommodate it overnight. Any experiences or thoughts would be greatly appreciaterd.

We’ve stayed at the best west park place and while it was just ok and more expensive than the hotels nearby it, our room accommodated a special needs stroller which is pretty big. The walk to the elevator was a pain if the maids carts were in the way and the elevator was slow so keep that in mind. Best western is just ok but it would fit in the 2 queen rooms with the couch

We’ve stayed at the best west park place and while it was just ok and more expensive than the hotels nearby it, our room accommodated a special needs stroller which is pretty big. The walk to the elevator was a pain if the maids carts were in the way and the elevator was slow so keep that in mind. Best western is just ok but it would fit in the 2 queen rooms with the couch
Thanks for that. Yes I am worried about that hotel because people are reporting that one of the elevators isn't working and hasn't been since Covid closure. It seems like it is too hard and too expensive to fix so they are just not going to do it. I worry that at a busy time of year the wait for the one remaining lift may be annoying.

Thanks for that. Yes I am worried about that hotel because people are reporting that one of the elevators isn't working and hasn't been since Covid closure. It seems like it is too hard and too expensive to fix so they are just not going to do it. I worry that at a busy time of year the wait for the one remaining lift may be annoying.
It was a pain to have to do the elevator there for sure! Ground level would be ok, but after staying there multiple years we decided for the cost it just wasn’t worth it for us any more. We have stayed at and LOVE the HoJo but this year my son will be in a wheelchair and we are thinking even that extra 5 mins and an extra street crossing my be too much- it may not be if it’s a scooter since nobody has to push that lol the hotels near hojo are all newer or remodeled and clean and nice compared to the older ones right across the street and hojo has a great kids splash area we use even in Dec, so I’m holding a reservation there but still will probably branch out to a closer hotel we haven’t tried. Still not sure but we’re leaning towards the Desert Inn, Tropicana or the Grand Legacy, although honestly after walking from the best western to the Anaheim inn to get pizza press (it’s just a tiny bit past Grand Legacy) we’re thinking that the grand legacy may end up feeling like a long trek too although everyone says it feels short- after a long park day and I’ll be pushing a 100+ lbs kid in a wheelchair including a mid day break even 5 mins feels LONG lol we do a minimum of 20k steps or about 10 miles so it adds up lol

It was a pain to have to do the elevator there for sure! Ground level would be ok, but after staying there multiple years we decided for the cost it just wasn’t worth it for us any more. We have stayed at and LOVE the HoJo but this year my son will be in a wheelchair and we are thinking even that extra 5 mins and an extra street crossing my be too much- it may not be if it’s a scooter since nobody has to push that lol the hotels near hojo are all newer or remodeled and clean and nice compared to the older ones right across the street and hojo has a great kids splash area we use even in Dec, so I’m holding a reservation there but still will probably branch out to a closer hotel we haven’t tried. Still not sure but we’re leaning towards the Desert Inn, Tropicana or the Grand Legacy, although honestly after walking from the best western to the Anaheim inn to get pizza press (it’s just a tiny bit past Grand Legacy) we’re thinking that the grand legacy may end up feeling like a long trek too although everyone says it feels short- after a long park day and I’ll be pushing a 100+ lbs kid in a wheelchair including a mid day break even 5 mins feels LONG lol we do a minimum of 20k steps or about 10 miles so it adds up lol
I know exactly what you mean. Two years ago we stayed at HoJo (which we loved) but found the walk just a bit too much. We like to hit rope drop and return to the hotel in the afternoon for a rest and then return to the parks in the night but we couldn't do that last time as that walk to and from the park 3 times in a day was just too much on top of all the walking in the park. I am definitely opting for a close hotel this time so we can take that midday break. I am leaning to Best Western Annaheim but I shall see if other chime in here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter