• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best room #'s @AKL?

Disneyfamily88

DisneyVet
Hi, We are DVC members and are staying at AKL for the first time Feb'14. We have Savannah View rooms booked but would like to request the best view if possible. Can Anyone recommend any certain rooms they've stayed in with a great view to see the animals? Thanks

The animals are put on display and feeders/food is used to keep them in view. Their location is dependent on what feeders are placed where and they are moved from time to time.

Typically the lobby areas have good view.

:earsboy: Bill

There was a post with this same question a while back and people had different favorites at Jambo. There are a few trails and some preferred each.
At Kidani people often say to request lower floor near the lobby. The Kidani savannah view rooms basically overlook an oval area where the all animals are.
Jambo has a different layout with savannahs around the wings. Different animals are kept in each area.

Just got back from Kidani and had a savannah view room (7510). It was on the fifth floor and had a great overall view of the savannah. The biggest problem we had was the lack of consistent presence of the animals. I understand that they get brought in to be cleaned and whatnot, however, too often and at all different times of the day I looked out on an empty savannah, except for birds. This is a home resort of mine and I don't think I'll be shelling out the additional points for a savannah view room again. There are too many other viewing spots if you want to see the animals.

Also, if staying at Kidani, request a room near the lobby. We were down a very long hallway - very long.

We were in Jambo all the way down the hall (across from Sanaa I think) there may have been one more room but we were pretty close the end. Loved the location for animal watching. It was close to the barns which may spoil the savannah effect if you are trying to feel like you are actually in the wild. I was initially disappointed but it was a very interesting area. There were always animals and activity outside our room. Really enjoyed watching the animals jack with the CM's that were trying to herd them into the barns at different times of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter