• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Restaurant For a Nice Gluten Free Dinner

BK2014

DIS Veteran
We have a guest coming into town (we are local) who is gluten free. We would like to take her out to a nice dinner on property, but we are not familiar with what restaurants have the best gluten free options. We were thinking Flying Fish, but would like thoughts from people who may have more opinions regarding gluten free options. Thanks!

Trattoria al Forno has done fabulous meals for us. Topolino's was also marvelous last trip. Citricos and Cali Grill are also favorites of ours.

I need gluten-free, dairy-free and DH is allergic to all sorts of peppers. We're something of a challenge, but TalF comes through deliciously for us every time.

Really, the Signatures generally will do a fabulous job for gluten-free diners. Other TS can be hit and miss, we've found.

If you know what sorts of dishes she may enjoy, you might look over the allergy-free Disney menus. Scroll down to the bottom of each official menu for those. Some just say in parentheses which allergies the dish is safe for, others will list safe dishes by allergy--gluten, dairy, fish/seafood, etc.

Or simply suggest she do that to help decide somewhere you all will enjoy. Many gluten-free dishes will be modifications of those on the regular menu.

When making the ADR, be sure to specify gluten-free as well as alerting your server which person is gluten-free. They'll do as much as they can to provide your guest a safe and memorable meal.

Trattoria al Forno has done fabulous meals for us. Topolino's was also marvelous last trip. Citricos and Cali Grill are also favorites of ours.

I need gluten-free, dairy-free and DH is allergic to all sorts of peppers. We're something of a challenge, but TalF comes through deliciously for us every time.

Really, the Signatures generally will do a fabulous job for gluten-free diners. Other TS can be hit and miss, we've found.

If you know what sorts of dishes she may enjoy, you might look over the allergy-free Disney menus. Scroll down to the bottom of each official menu for those. Some just say in parentheses which allergies the dish is safe for, others will list safe dishes by allergy--gluten, dairy, fish/seafood, etc.

Or simply suggest she do that to help decide somewhere you all will enjoy. Many gluten-free dishes will be modifications of those on the regular menu.

When making the ADR, be sure to specify gluten-free as well as alerting your server which person is gluten-free. They'll do as much as they can to provide your guest a safe and memorable meal.

Thank you for the detailed reply! That is very helpful.

Oh, I ought to have added that if she doesn't care for elaborate dishes, the a/f kids menus may have plain chicken or fish.

Adults can order any of those with sides and will be served an adult-sized portion. I sometimes have done that when I wanted something simple.

I should have suggested the GF Cafe. I could make a meal of their apple crisp. It is delectable, as good as any I make myself. They do salmon deliciously, too. The heirloom apple salad is also marvelous, though sadly minus the cheddar for me.

At Disney Springs, I've had fabulous luck with Boathouse and allergies!

Make sure to hit Nomad lounge in AK. Best churros on property, and they are GF.
I cannot endorse this enough. The churros are worth a special trip and they have other GF items on the menu. Great views of AK as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter