Best resort for spending time at the resort?

DPickering

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We will be staying with our 3 year old at one of the DVC resorts Dec 29 to Jan 5 before we head to DVB. We will likely only spend a few days at the parks. Was wondering which resort is people's favorite for spending time at the resort? Thanks for any feedback!

Hi,

We will be staying with our 3 year old at one of the DVC resorts Dec 29 to Jan 5 before we head to DVB. We will likely only spend a few days at the parks. Was wondering which resort is people's favorite for spending time at the resort? Thanks for any feedback!

Do you not have a reservation yet? Since you will be there over New Year's Eve, your choices may be very limited.

I understand. Circumstances just aligned to make this trip possible. We are flexible, truly all of these resorts look really nice but I wanted to narrow it down to a few preferences. And worst case scenario we stay at a non DVC resort and I am sure we will still have a good time.

I agree with pp and think you should reserve something right now, then you can spend some more time thinking about it and possible switch.

If you will have a car then staying at OKW or SSR are good choices because you can park near your door which eliminates a lot of extra walking.

If your child likes sandy bottomed pools, then BCV would be a good option.

If you're going to the Magic Kingdom a lot then BLT or VWL would be the way to go but your chances are slim at VWL.

Have a great time where ever you end up!

There is no DVC resort with availability in any room size for all of your nights. New Year's Eve is completely sold out and there is only a day or 2 here or there for the other dates. You will need to book a bunch of different resorts and then work the waitlist to try to eliminate some of the moves. You would be smart to book a non-DVC room, maybe at a regular Disney resort, and then cancel later if the waitlist works for you. Good luck.

Hi,

Honestly at this point book what you can and worry about wait listing a want after.

know you can't find anything/

still to answer your question would go with AKV - most of the DVC resorts have activities. So any would probably work for you.

Thank you all. Had not realized availability would be that tight. AKV and BLT look good for different reasons. Will see what we can do and Ty again!

Hope you can get availability, personally I think any resort fits the bill when I want certain dates! Personal faves in order of preference, OKW, AKV (Kidani), SSR, BWV! We've grown to enjoy each resort's amenities more and more, they all have their own individual charm!

Good luck!

I would go with SSR or AKV.

They both are large enough that some days may open up and they both have good on site activities. I would love to bike ride around the grounds of SSR, haven't done so yet. You could bike over to one of the splash areas there, for instance.

Enjoy your VB stay as well! I've been there for some of the past 2 Januaries and am heading there this upcoming January as well!

Bobbi

If you waitlist SSR you might get in, but I wouldn't count on it. There's no availability. Most folks book Dec/Jan trips at 11 months out.

My vote would be for AKL. Its our favorite resort for resort only stays.

As for New Years start wailisting. For what its worth we made the decision to do last New Years at wdw last Nov. I found two nights at SSR right off for later in the New years week. I waitlisted new years eve and the next night. I kept checking online and got those two days within the week. It was a 1 bedroom. My backup plan was to have a split stay and pay cash somewhere else. I never had a chance to make cash reservations but i'd recommend it just in case. You can always cancel if your waitlist comes through.

AKV would be perfect! Staying there is a vacation in and of itself. There is a lot of activities for the children. My boys can watch the animals for hours and the 2 pools are great!!!!

Another fun activity (and it is free!) is the Chip and Dale campfire singalong at Fort Wilderness! We had a blast going and we were actually chosen as the family of the night who got to walk out with Chip and Dale :cloud9:

Thank you all. Had not realized availability would be that tight. AKV and BLT look good for different reasons. Will see what we can do and Ty again!

For NYE, DVC resorts book at 11 months out. It's a timeshare. And I fear you are way too late to book anything at all. Find a Disney resort you can book for cash and book that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter