• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best resort for large, multigenerational family

I highly recommend AOA suites. We went in November with 10 extended family. Kids 5, 5,8, 10. Adults 69, 62, 43,38, 33, and 33. The suite had 2 bathrooms and a separate bedroom for sleeping. Large sitting area and small kitchen. You could spread out and not be on top of one another. Skykiner was a huge hit with our crowd. Quick was tasty and never crowded. We stayed in the Lion King area

I highly recommend AOA suites. We went in November with 10 extended family. Kids 5, 5,8, 10. Adults 69, 62, 43,38, 33, and 33. The suite had 2 bathrooms and a separate bedroom for sleeping. Large sitting area and small kitchen. You could spread out and not be on top of one another. Skykiner was a huge hit with our crowd. Quick was tasty and never crowded. We stayed in the Lion King area
forgot to add we had 3 rooms

I would let the other adults know the price ranges before looking into specific hotels. Some people are shocked at current Disney prices, including tickets, and it may narrow your choices.

Port Orleans French Quarter would be amazing for all ages and good budget wise! We stayed at POR this past summer and walked over to FQ most days because we enjoyed it so much ! I think FQ is great due to smaller size of the resort and that it shared amenities with riverside . The French quarter pool , splash pad , and water slide are a lot of fun ! Plus you could go to riverside and use their pool for a change of scenery . The boat at the resort would allow the group easy access to shopping and dining at Disney springs or riverside ( We enjoyed boatwrights on our trip ! The boudin balls were awesome ). The PO resorts are peaceful and have nightlife for adults but also plenty of fun for kids . The busses at FQ are easy to get to and when we went - we didn’t have to stop anywhere else on our way to the parks and the didn’t wait long on a bus .
I’ve tried All Star Movies before but it just doesn’t have the charm that POR & FQ have . I hope you have lots of fun on your trip !

Since the weather will be a hit or miss around Thanksgiving - it could be in the 60's or in the 80's I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the pool unless you swim in any temperature. We went (3 families - 8 people - 1 -65, 2 30 somethings with 3 year old) and 2 30 somethings with 2 kids (3,5) 1 Thanksgiving and it ended up being the 60's and cloudy - no way were we getting in the pool, but then we are from the south so if it isn't in the high 80's I not getting in the pool anyway.

We stayed at AoA in the suites- it gave everyone space to spread out and it has the skyliner.
Here in Scotland I would jump in that just to warm up

Last edited:
Here in Scotland I would jump in that just to warm up
LOL! When we lived in a colder climate (New England), we used to go to WDW just before Thanksgiving and loved to swim. Meanwhile, the poor life guards would be sitting in their winter jackets, shivering, looking at us like we were crazy. Since we've moved to a climate similar to WDW several years ago, we go that same week, and now we're among those in winter jackets looking at the swimmers like they're crazy! It's amazing how what climate you're used to influences your perception of "warm enough to swim".

LOL! When we lived in a colder climate (New England), we used to go to WDW just before Thanksgiving and loved to swim. Meanwhile, the poor life guards would be sitting in their winter jackets, shivering, looking at us like we were crazy. Since we've moved to a climate similar to WDW several years ago, we go that same week, and now we're among those in winter jackets looking at the swimmers like they're crazy! It's amazing how what climate you're used to influences your perception of "warm enough to swim".
We have a swim club up the road here and it has an outdoor pool. It was -3C and people were swimming away in it lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter