Best resort for autistic child

I would imagine it would depend on your budget!
Being able to hop on the monorail and speed back to the Polynesian/Contemporary/GF from MK would be awesome. Waiting in a line for a bus to go to PO will take longer.

We have travelled with our Autistic son to WDW and found OKW amazing. It's got a couple of nice quiet pools and there always seems to be some more relaxed spots.
Also the buses to the parks are normally pretty easy to get and rarely packed

Im a mom of 2 children with ASD. My son is 6 and VERY active, my daughter 10 is very quiet (total opposite!)We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last year and booked a Royal room (Pool View). Very quiet and the quiet pool near the room was the best part of the trip! Everyone seems to be at the main pool and we had the pool all to ourselves. I like the large layout for quiet walks etc and we were close enough to the food/etc for a quick get away if need be (I needed to do this- the staff followed me with my food and brought it to my room!!). As for transport, We used lyft alot. We did use the buses once or twice and my son did have one meltdown on the bus (thank you to all the understanding guests!!) we got thru it. We booked riverside again just for this reason!! A+ rating from this Autism mom!

You've already gotten so many great tips on here and you have a good idea yourself, POFQ! My son is 5 and has autism and we've stayed at many of the resorts, POFQ is probably the best moderate and is fairly quiet because it's so small. Wilderness and Animal Kingdom are also good or Contemporary in the Garden Wing if you want to stay on the Monorail loop. Don't stay in the main tower if you are looking for quiet for the garden wing is quiet. I think for 1st trip for a kid that age, I'd go for Animal Kingdom or POFQ depending on your budget but either will meet your needs. If you have the time, take him to Animal Kingdom Lodge just to tour the lodge because you can still see some animals from the lodge and Boma has a lovely buffet. Get the noise cancelling headphones, they are fantastic for the rides. Good luck!

The Caribbean and Wilderness have proved the quietest for us. If sensory overload is a problem be sure to read ride reviews beforehand as some in both Disney and Universal can be quite intense for those sensitive to sensory input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter