Best resort for a no-parks trip?

ChristineLynne

Earning My Ears
We're going during July, two adults, no plans to go to any parks. So I'm wondering what resorts you think have the best offerings for on-site fun, like good pools and restaurants? Our home resort is SSR, which is great for walking to Disney Springs, but I'm wondering if another resort might be fun for a pure lounging trip!

Well, BCV gets Stormalong Bay, which is nearly a water park so is considered by some to be the best pool at a DVC resort. I've never stayed there so can't speak to that experience, but I love the slide at the BWV Luna Park pool! And both BCV and BWV are right there walking distance to all the restaurants on the Boardwalk and at Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan, Dolphin, and Swan Reserve, not to mention a short Skyliner ride from Topolino's at Riviera. I'd also consider Riviera itself, for the convenience of the pool bar and QS restaurant to the pool, but I don't know how the pool slide is. Oh, just realized you might mean lounging by the pool instead of enjoying the slide - well, Riviera's second pool is also pretty near to the bar and QS! And finally, I'd say that your home SSR is pretty great too, with four pools, two of which have slides and pool bars/QS, and you can just hop a bus to move from one to another when you get bored.

Well, BCV gets Stormalong Bay, which is nearly a water park so is considered by some to be the best pool at a DVC resort. I've never stayed there so can't speak to that experience, but I love the slide at the BWV Luna Park pool! And both BCV and BWV are right there walking distance to all the restaurants on the Boardwalk and at Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan, Dolphin, and Swan Reserve, not to mention a short Skyliner ride from Topolino's at Riviera. I'd also consider Riviera itself, for the convenience of the pool bar and QS restaurant to the pool, but I don't know how the pool slide is. Oh, just realized you might mean lounging by the pool instead of enjoying the slide - well, Riviera's second pool is also pretty near to the bar and QS! And finally, I'd say that your home SSR is pretty great too, with four pools, two of which have slides and pool bars/QS, and you can just hop a bus to move from one to another when you get bored.
Thanks! And yes, we are not planning to slide, just lounge!

Grand Floridian would be nice. Lots of great restaurants - on the monorail loop - great bars, etc. Pools are perfect! Can watch the water parade at night! I believe there may be music in the resort at night, too.

For restaurants, pools, and on-site activities on a resort only stay, my top 3 picks would be ...

Animal Kingdom Villas
Grand Floridian
Polynesian

(of course, I am a bit bias... lol)

You might enjoy Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek. The Wilderness Lodge area is nice and relaxing. You can take a boat over to MK to hop on the monorail or take a bus to Fort Wilderness. Geyser Point is one of the best restaurants with a beautiful view of the lake.

If I specifically didn't want to visit a park I'd probably pick Saratoga or OKW just so I could at least get over to Disney Springs easily if I wanted to.

For me I'd recommend either BCV or AKV. BCV is a great one is you want to visit other resorts-the Skyway really helps. In addition to watching animals, it seems that AKV has so many activities, free restaurant tours, lobby tours, medallion rubbing, etc.

AKV for dining and pools and also the views of the savannah from the lookouts and rooms.

BCV - Stormalong Bay
AKV - The Savannas.
SSR- Proximity to DS
OWK - Same as SSR but a bit further with the boats but larger rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter