Best resort for 1st time visit?

mep319

<font color=green>Go EAGLES! Go FLYERS!<br><font c
From all of you that have been there ......

What resort would be the best for a first time visitor?

What is your favorite resort and why?

Do you not like one of the resorts?

And now for the 50 point bonus question...kidding....any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

so it depends what you are looking for. I have stayed at RPR with my family and LOVED it. Would go back in a heartbeat. It's tropical and very family friendly. I am going back in 28 days and staying at Portofino with my wife for her birthday and our wedding anniversary. I hear it's very romantic if you want it to be, but it's also great for families. Last but not least, is the HRH. This gets good reviews, but lately it has been a hit or miss. Many people say that it's great, but it's not for everyone. Lots of music, cool atmosphere, so on.

So all in all, no matter what you choose, you will enjoy it.

Hope that helps.

P.S.-- I plan on staying at the HRH next summer as well. By then, I will have experienced all of the resorts.

We stayed at the PBH and had a great time. I thought the HRH looked great from the outside and we had a wonderful meal at Emeril's tchoup Chop in the RPR. I think they are all great looking resorts. I would tend to pick the resort that had the best deal on at the time you're looking to go. It's helpful to have other people's views, but ultimately it's best to try them all and make your own mind up.

Get the best deal, since you have not stayed at any. You can visit the others on your visit and have something to look forward to.

RPR will have the best deals so go there if rate is your deciding factor!!! And the good thing is that you can go back and experience the other two and then you will become part of the trifecta club!!!! :D

If your looking for a good time go with HRH.
If your looking for anything else then choose the other two_Only joking ! You can't go wrong with any choice.
tiggerguy2000

The rates aren't a huge factor...I feel like I'm getting a deal regardless of where I go. I've been to disney the last 6 yrs and I can't believe that I can go to their poshest resort for about $140 per nite w/ an entertainment rate!! I do hope they come out! The HRH had appealled to me b/c well...its the Hard Rock! PB b/c it looks beautiful and I hear it is on par w/ GF. But RPR seems nice as well and why pay more than you need? I'm just worry that HR and PB maybe showing some wear...I've heard complaints on the boards....I really think I'll stay at HR or RPR...maybe I flip a coin! Thanks all!

I have stayed at all three Universal resorts and I promise you that you cannot make a mistake. Our most recent stay was at RPR and we loved it. We had an Entertainment Rate of $110 and you really can't beat that!! It is a four star resort.

The Portofino Bay is lovely, also. We had a deluxe poolview room at the Ent. rate of $180. The room was huge and the bathroom is fantastic. This resort is calm and relaxing. The resort can be full of people, but yet it's very quiet.

The HRH is quite lively and the most convenient to the parks. You can walk to Universal Studios in less than five minutes. Our room here was very nice and we enjoyed our stay.

I would go with the theming you prefer, but if you are looking for the best bang for your buck, go with RPR!

Have fun!

I just have to say the PBH is the hands down winner with my family. Even my 11yo dd loves it more than the HRH. She thought the HRH was cool but she missed PBH and said it was just so much nicer. The rooms are so nice and the beds are just to die for. Not to mention if you go deluxe on your room you get the wonderful bathrooms that are huge. Don't forget Mama Della's and Sals' pizza and the gelato bar are great resturants some of the very best on property anywhere in my opinon. The pools rock. There's three of them. You feel like your the only one there with the excellent service they provide you. It's not by anymeans in disrepair or showing signs of wear. And there is NOTHING like coming back at twlight on the boat and seeing that hotel lit up it's just so romantic and you feel like your in another place certainly not Florida. It's just breathtaking and you would'nt regret it one bit. I have stayed at the HRH one night and will NEVER go back not even with the free night they sent to me after my dreadful stay. The service was alwful and not up to the standards i experienced over at PBH. If you choose to go with PBH i strongly suggest you get a deluxe room in the West wing (close to the villa, beach pools and the boats and spa.) You can even request a room with a balcony and it the fire works are going off the nights your there ask for a beach pool view room you'll see them right from your bathtub!!!!!!!! OH i wanna go home to PBH. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter