Best Resort Bar

kjc001

Earning My Ears
Hi! My apologies in advance if this isn't the best place to post.

To make a very long story short - I'm having a wedding in Epcot very soon on a Saturday night. My fiancee and I want a welcome event/happy hour the night before, but we're not doing it through Disney due to scheduling issues and cost. We're thinking of inviting people to a resort bar and opening a tab there. Is there a resort bar that is larger that doesn't require reservations? We want to make it very casual, so I'm trying to pick a bigger space that is more of a get-a-drink at the bar and walk-around place and less of a sit-down place, if that makes sense.

Thank you!

I agree with Dahlia Lounge. It’s spacious and the area is very pretty. We actually saw a wedding party hanging there and around the grounds when we stayed in November.

Hi! My apologies in advance if this isn't the best place to post.

To make a very long story short - I'm having a wedding in Epcot very soon on a Saturday night. My fiancee and I want a welcome event/happy hour the night before, but we're not doing it through Disney due to scheduling issues and cost. We're thinking of inviting people to a resort bar and opening a tab there. Is there a resort bar that is larger that doesn't require reservations? We want to make it very casual, so I'm trying to pick a bigger space that is more of a get-a-drink at the bar and walk-around place and less of a sit-down place, if that makes sense.

Thank you!
I got married at the Polynesian last March. After our noon ceremony our guests all went to Tambu Lounge and hung out until taking a bus around 5 to Disney Springs for our reception. We had about 50 people in the lounge for a few hours. It was more than enough space and the bartender sure appreciated the mid-day business.

Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge would be another nice option. Enchanted Rose maybe- but it tend to be more of a sit down atmosphere and gets busy.

Edit: Also agree with Dahlia Lounge above. We hung out with our wedding party there a couple of nights since most of our guests stayed at Coronado. And its never really busy there.

The Poly also has Trader Sams Terrace which is outside they have tables first come first serve have a decent snack menu and guests could freely roam around outside of that area like the beach. However it is out doors….. If you are looking for an indoor larger bar I would consider Disney Springs as most have large bars in semi separate areas. Boathouse has a huge bar, Winebar George, Ranglen road has a large bar, House of Blues and many more options.

My go to is Geyser Point at WL.
Best bar setting in all of Disney and you can see the fireworks if it's in the evening.

2nd is Abracadabra bar at BW

I have noticed the Steakhouse71 in the Contempory lobby has a large bar area and small seating areas / mini rooms off to the side . I think they are 2 divided areas kinda. It’s hard to describe but if that didn’t work the upstairs Contempo Bar is very spacious and never seems very busy. Plus the monorail passes thru and the large windows in seating area provides a great view. So at least this one location gives you 2 backup options in case one doesn’t work out for you group..

Not sure how you take care of parking for everybody since resort parking is restricted.
Maybe a Disney Springs location would be a better idea.
I know this sounds crazy but the Splitsville has a great big bar with lots of seating upstairs I love this place ! The servers are all super nice.
Big windows with great views of CityWalk and good food.
You are close enough to hear the bowling lanes and see some of the area but not enough to cause interference with your guests enjoyment ,
plus the price might be a little more reasonable for Open Tab , etc.

I do love everybody’s suggestions.
Please tell us more about your DisneyWedding in Epcot.
Happy Wedding Day !

Last edited:
Dahlia is very nice, but also not very convenient to get to.

If ending up in Epcot area, why not try out Ale & Compass Lounge at Yacht Club? It's very nice and a great location.

Or perhaps the rooftop bar at Riviera in Topolinos. If not busy dinner-time, you can go up to bar and sit on terrace without a dining reservation. Then take Skyliner to Epcot.

Of course this all depends on how big your party is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter