best quality pots & pans?

mrsklamc

<font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what
We are going to start investing in quality pots and pans- if the more expensive ones are worth it...What say you, budget board?

I got some calphalon tri ply stainless steel pots and pans about a year ago. I love them. They cook evenly, don't warp, and are easy to maintain for the most part. I got them at macys and was able to use a 15% off code plus free shipping.

We had cheaper nonstick pans and they had to be tossed after about 5 yrs because of all the scratches and flaking off of the nonstick coating.

It took me a while to get used to cooking with stainless but now its no big deal.

Id definitely say invest in the best you can- they will last so much longer.

I need to replace some of our well worn pots & pans too. Even the "cheap" ones seems expensive to me. Sets are less expensive but include things we do not need and not things we do.

I bought a set of Circulon pots and pans at Macy's on Black Friday last year and I love them! I've since added more pieces to the set. They're durable, dishwasher safe and I think they cook more evenly than my old teflon coated ones.

We've used our "belgique" pans from Macy's for 25+ years and absolutely love them. And they look as good now as they did new.

I also have Circulon and really like them, especially the two sizes of Dutch ovens and my very large skillet and omelet pan. I did not want the set, so have bought them in pieces as they were on good sales. I got some of them at Tuesday Morning several years ago, and the rest at Macys with good sales and coupons around black friday.

I got some calphalon tri ply stainless steel pots and pans about a year ago. I love them. They cook evenly, don't warp, and are easy to maintain for the most part. I got them at macys and was able to use a 15% off code plus free shipping.

We had cheaper nonstick pans and they had to be tossed after about 5 yrs because of all the scratches and flaking off of the nonstick coating.

It took me a while to get used to cooking with stainless but now its no big deal.

Id definitely say invest in the best you can- they will last so much longer.

I have had the Calphalon tri ply stainless for about 8 years and they are still in perfect condition. I have a few non stick pieces as well but almost never use them.

I replaced my pots and pans Last year and from Kohls got the Food Network pots and pans. I really like them and as an added benefit to me is the fact I could get non-stick. They have held up very well.

For pans, the best bet, if you can lift them, is old fashioned cast iron - preferably used cast iron from a garage or estate sale that has been well seasoned (new cast iron takes a while to get going. They will wear like, well, iron. They'll provide iron into your diet, and seasoned, they won't stick. Plus, getting cast iron pans from an estate sale is likely to be cheaper than buying anything.

I bought my All Clad d5 stainless steel pots and pans about I year ago. I just love them! These cook food evenly and are heavy duty. I used to have the Calphlon nonstick cookware, but soon the nonstick coating started to chip. My Calphlon set was not cheap, but now I am a believer of stainless steel cookware.

My other favorite larger pots are my Le Creuset enameled cast iron pots. They cook food so evenly and quickly, plus I can put it in the oven for making casseroles.

With these cookwares, I don't plan on replacing these pots for years to come.

Good luck with your cookware selection.

Yes, they are worth it! I vote for All Clad pots & pans (you can get a starter set on Amazon for about $180). Also Le Creuset is a great brand for casserole-type dishes.

I really love my tri ply fry pan that I got at Kohl's with a 30% off code. It was a T-Fal 12 inch fry pan
http://www.amazon.com/T-Fal-Ultimat...9KPC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1329695393&sr=8-4

That's a really good price on it. I've had it about a year and use it every day. It still looks brand new. I love it.

Also use my chicken fryer cast iron that I bought at Cracker Barrel of all places! but it was only $15 and it's huge! Works great!

For non-stick, the only luck I've had was with some cooks essential's stuff from QVC. They held up better than any of the throw away kinds I used to find in kitchen stores. I like that I can use Metal utensil's in it and it doesn't chip.
Mine probably are getting ready to be replaced they are about 3-4 years old now.

I have one calphalon piece that I found on clearance at target for 75% off and have been very happy with it. but I love my Kitchen aide pots and pans!! :thumbsup2 and you can find some great deals on them. I have gotten some really cool add on pieces too! good luck figuring out which set to buy. I was in the same dilemma as you and you would think I was spending thousands of dollars on this purchase the way I hemmed and hawwed over which set to buy. :rotfl2:

Another vote for Kitchen Aide! When DH and I got married and combined our households, we put my Kitchen Aide in storage thinking we would just use his All-Clad set. Within weeks, I had my set back and out and even he uses the Kitchen Aide exclusively now. Clean up just seems much easier with the Kitchen Aide...and you don't have to worry about scratching or what you use to clean like you do with All-Clad.

My cookware is a collection of Calphalon, All Clad, Circulon and Berndes and I like all of them. They serve different purposes and I like them equally. You do get what you pay for in cookware. My Calphalon pieces are the oldest (almost 20 years-old) and are like new.

My cookware is a collection of Calphalon, All Clad, Circulon and Berndes and I like all of them. They serve different purposes and I like them equally. You do get what you pay for in cookware. My Calphalon pieces are the oldest (almost 20 years-old) and are like new.

But don't get Target Calphalon. I have some 20 year old quality Calphalon as well, and had some Target stuff bought ten years later that I pitched after seven

My husband & I purchased a set of Calphalon 4 years ago when we first moved into together. They have held up great and look brand new even though all pieces are used very often. I like the "weight" of them too if that makes any sense.

My husband & I purchased a set of Calphalon 4 years ago when we first moved into together. They have held up great and look brand new even though all pieces are used very often. I like the "weight" of them too if that makes any sense.

I just got new ones after using my bridal shower ones for 27 years..... (They were Club brand, which I guess is no longer around?)

I picked the Calphalon brand, too. I got the non-stick red enamel ones. The red is cheerful, lol. And I noticed that the pewter colored ones on display, on the outside, looked scratched up.

I got them from Kohls, on sale, using a 30% off coupon, and some Kohls bucks... better yet, if they are non performing well, I can return them to Kohls. They stand behind their products.

All Clad is the only cookware for me (well, LeCreuset for my cast iron needs) and it's the best! They cook food evenly and are beyond easy to clean. If you happen to leave within driving distance of southwestern PA, the All Clad factory is located in Canonsburg, PA. Every year, on the first weekend in June and the first weekend in December, they have a massive "seconds" sale at the Washington County Fairgrounds. I went to my first sale last June and walked out of there with $600 worth of pans for $200. As for them being seconds, you would never know anything is wrong with them. I talked to one of the workers at the sale and they said if a pot is not polished correctly, it is considered a second; if the handle is attached even 1/4" off, it is considered a second.

I love my All Clad!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter