Best QS that also serve adult beverages.

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
We just booked CBR with QS Dining Plan for Sept.
Wanting to make the most out of the DP and also, I enjoy an Adult Beverage now and then so......

What are your favorite QS locations where alcohol is served?

Here's my list so far:

Epcot (so easy here) Les Halles, the Fish Shop and Smokehouse BBQ
AK- Satuli and FlameTree
DHS- Docking Bay 7
MK- Head over to Geyser Point and *hopefully* take out window will take QS credit.

CBR- Spyglass

The only one I think that doesn’t, might be Earl of Sandwich.
yes, Earl. Some of the others on the Dining Plan "QS locations" list that are really not much more than a "kiosk" or a bakery and probably don't belong on the list of QS options but are: Creature Comforts, Carousel Coffee, Cooling Hut.

It pains me to share this but Satuli Canteen has changed remarkably for the worse. Used to be grilled beef and grilled chicken - really good. It is some kind of baked pot roast and baked rubber chicken now. Cooking method and meat quality huge downgrade. Add to that the sides also changed to downgraded version. They don’t both with presentation anymore either.

Anybody who was a fan, have you been recently? Our trip was last month and I’m still not over the shock lol.

It pains me to share this but Satuli Canteen has changed remarkably for the worse. Used to be grilled beef and grilled chicken - really good. It is some kind of baked pot roast and baked rubber chicken now. Cooking method and meat quality huge downgrade. Add to that the sides also changed to downgraded version. They don’t both with presentation anymore either.

Anybody who was a fan, have you been recently? Our trip was last month and I’m still not over the shock lol.
Oh gosh! What was the approximate date you ate there? I just watched a recent Mammoth Club vid and she raved about the chicken. I have to go see when she filmed that. (Hoping your meal was a fluke). I'm near to panic hearing this! Was always a highlight as far as park food!

yes, Earl. Some of the others on the Dining Plan "QS locations" list that are really not much more than a "kiosk" or a bakery and probably don't belong on the list of QS options but are: Creature Comforts, Carousel Coffee, Cooling Hut.
I see what you’re saying. The ones you listed are considered quick service locations that are good for using snack credits.

I just meant if you are at a quick service place where you can redeem a counter service meal, an alcoholic beverage is generally available.

Oh gosh! What was the approximate date you ate there? I just watched a recent Mammoth Club vid and she raved about the chicken. I have to go see when she filmed that. (Hoping your meal was a fluke). I'm near to panic hearing this! Was always a highlight as far as park food!
We visited the week before Christmas. It used to be a favorite QS meal. Ate there dozens of times. Ended up an extremely rare occasion that we took a few bites and threw a meal out :( It wasn’t just not as good; it was bad.

The meat is totally different. The manager said they’ve moved to ‘pot roast’ from the steak. Used to be able to order beef ‘pink’ or ‘cooked through’, now there’s no choice. I’d have to guess, but seems to be over-processed mass produced sliced beef. Chicken also had weird texture and flavor. Both looked like low-grade wholesale.

We tried the ‘hearty salad’ and potato hash. The salad used to be great! This has the same name, now different. It was salty lettuce peppered with a few pieces of quinoa. The potato hash was part raw and part mush.

Although we didn’t request, they left off the slaw and boba. Not even sure that part is still an option.

Unfortunately these are likely intended operational changes to cut costs.

I wish it’s just a case of me being dramatic but I expect other fans will be dismayed too. Let’s see what others think.

We visited the week before Christmas. It used to be a favorite QS meal. Ate there dozens of times. Ended up an extremely rare occasion that we took a few bites and threw a meal out :( It wasn’t just not as good; it was bad.

The meat is totally different. The manager said they’ve moved to ‘pot roast’ from the steak. Used to be able to order beef ‘pink’ or ‘cooked through’, now there’s no choice. I’d have to guess, but seems to be over-processed mass produced sliced beef. Chicken also had weird texture and flavor. Both looked like low-grade wholesale.

We tried the ‘hearty salad’ and potato hash. The salad used to be great! This has the same name, now different. It was salty lettuce peppered with a few pieces of quinoa. The potato hash was part raw and part mush.

Although we didn’t request, they left off the slaw and boba. Not even sure that part is still an option.

Unfortunately these are likely intended operational changes to cut costs.

I wish it’s just a case of me being dramatic but I expect other fans will be dismayed too. Let’s see what others think.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Our trip isn't until the second half of Sept. Maybe between now and then, they'll get enough negative feedback that they'll ditch the "intentional operational changes". 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Been reading online reviews and came upon this on tripadvisor, "My only complaint is the last time I got one of the bowls with beef, it was like a pot roast style meat. When I got the exact same order this past May it had thinly sliced steak. Bring back the steak!!!"

Last edited:
As someone who does not drink beer or wine, it is a little more difficult finding a QS location to use your meal at and get a tasty beverage. Unfortunately, Backlot Express at HS closes at 8PM, so I did not make it there in time to redeem my meal Monday night. So I went to Woody's Lunch Box instead, and ended up really enjoying my meal along with the Grown-ups Lemonade.

I say good luck to you with Geyser Point to go. I was actually staying at WL while on the QSDP, and didn't even try to use it there. I had lunch at Geyser Point today and they don't even offer any discount for AP or DVC. And DDP is the only one listed on their app page.

I actually agree. I went within the past two months and thought it was significantly worse than my May 2022 visit. Those cheeseburger pods are really gross - I don't get the appeal. I don't think it counts for the DDP but I also thought the food at Nomad Lounge has taken a nosedive too. Drinks were great as always but the food was just okay. It used to be really great but now it's meh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter