Best QS restaurants for people used to TS?

Dulcee

Mouseketeer
Due to a multitude of factors (costs, big group, genie+ timing complications), I'm planning on QS for most of our dinner-type meals for our March 2023 trip. Which places have you found do the best job of replacing a TS meal? Looking for decent food options, alcohol available, seating, etc..

My favorite QS is Regal Eagle in EP. The food is good and I think the portions are generous. There is also a full bar right outside the restaurant. They have nice seating indoors or tables outside as well.

Geyser Point at WL--the open-air lounge has good food, cozy chairs (or you can sit at the bar) and is a great place to watch the MK aerial fireworks. Menu is a bit limited, but we don't care because it's all so good.
Oh! That is an excellent idea. Never would have thought of that one.

Three Bridges at Coronado Springs - there is a virtual wait list but they quoted me as 20 minutes and called me in 2.

I know it's not in the parks or park adjacent like Geyser Point but it was worth mentioning since the food and atmosphere are so good!

Due to a multitude of factors (costs, big group, genie+ timing complications), I'm planning on QS for most of our dinner-type meals for our March 2023 trip. Which places have you found do the best job of replacing a TS meal? Looking for decent food options, alcohol available, seating, etc..
We like Sassagoula Float Works at POFQ (often very quiet) and Sunshine Seasons in The Land pavilion of EPCOT (usually busy and loud).

Satuli Canteen has lots of comfortable indoor seating, beer and wine, and better food than most QS places.
Docking Bay 7 has better than average food and some drinks.
Satul'i Canteen is also one of the very few QS places that has real silverware and dishes. It gives you a slightly different "feel".

AK: We also really enjoy Satul'i Canteen. The portions are large and the food is delicious.
Epcot: Honestly just eat your way around the world lol.
MK: Pecos Bill's fajita platter is also very filling. If their toppings bar is open that helps stretch it too. We tend to eat a little lighter at Disney and one of these is a decent small meal for the 3 of us.
HS: Fairfax Fare surprised us. We really enjoyed the bowls and the portions were also pretty large. We also tried Backlot Express our last trip and were pleasantly surprised how much we liked it.

The QS at riviera resort has become our go to when hopping between epcot and HS. You get to ride the skyliner and the food there is really good. I don’t know about drinks, but there has to be something at Riviera.
I also like dessert at le petit café also in riviera.

Primo. Piatto. We had it 2 nights in a row (not staying at Riv just took skyliner from Ep and HS) and its seriously so yummy!!! Also Les Halles in France, but the seating isn't great.

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House has plenty of seating upstairs and offers higher quality food than the standard quick service burgers you get elsewhere in MK. Most MK restaurants don't have great seating, so this is probably the only real choice to eat comfortably together.

Epcot: Regal Eagle is probably the best place to dine together. Free soda refills, alcohol available, and plenty of seating. Sunshine Seasons is a large indoor food court where everyone can get what they want and then sit together in AC. I personally love Katsura Grill, but it's smaller and gets really crowded around lunch and dinner. Katsura also serves Japanese alcoholic drinks, like sake and cocktails.

Studios: ABC Commissary is your best choice for sitting together. Docking Bay 7 also has dedicated seating, but it's usually very crowded. I believe every other place only does outdoor tables.

Animal Kingdom: Easily Satuli Canteen. Huge indoor dining area with plenty of comfy seating, free soda refills, and some of the best quickservice food on property.

Magic Kingdom Resort Area: Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge or Gasparilla Island Grill at the Grand Floridian. Both have good food choices at reasonable prices and plenty of room to sit.

Epcot/Studios Resort Area: Riviera Resort. Between Primo Piatto and Le Petit Cafe you can find something for everyone. The Boardwalk and Beach club area doesn't have much in terms of quick service with good seating.

Disney Springs: Blaze Pizza, The Polite Pig, and D-Luxe burger are all good to spend some time at. But if you're doing a Disney Springs day, I really recommend the table service restaurants.

Last edited:
Studios: ABC Commissary is your best choice for sitting together. Docking Bay 7 also has dedicated seating, but it's usually very crowded. I believe every other place only does outdoor tables.

Backlot Express has some indoor seating, too. The food isn't super exciting, but they do have beer, wine, and liquor and you can refill your own sodas.

Backlot Express has some indoor seating, too. The food isn't super exciting, but they do have beer, wine, and liquor and you can refill your own sodas.
It does! I always forget about that one since I'm not a big fan of the Disney burgers, but it's a cool space to eat in.

lets see some we like and we really aren't quick service eaters unless we weren't doing a large dinner at night as usual.

AK: avatar. literally only option we feel.
Epcot: Connections. It is pretty good for what it is.
MK: no idea
HS: I guess backlot? The place in SW was just not good I felt. I know people say it's good but all 4 of us really didn't eat. I grabbed a peta sausage on the way out cause was hungry. That was 100 times better. I don't know maybe it's me.

Ok I know they aren't quick serve but these are not expensive:
1. Homecoming. Portions are actually too big. Like crazy we feel.
2. Olivia's over in Old Key West.

This is all coming to mind.

Epcot: Regal Eagle is probably the best place to dine together. Free soda refills, alcohol available, and plenty of seating. Garden Grill is a large indoor food court where everyone can get what they want and then sit together in AC. I personally love Katsura Grill, but it's smaller and gets really crowded around lunch and dinner. Katsura also serves Japanese alcoholic drinks, like sake and cocktails.
I think you mean Sunshine Seasons. That's the food court in The Land Pavilion with a bunch of food options and lots of seating. Garden Grill is the TS restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter