• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best QS breakfast and lunch meals at the Disney resorts

uramr

Jsdisneymom
We are doing our first offsite visit during spring break. While we are excited to save some $$ and eat in our rental unit, we would also like to try out some QS meals at the resorts. As this is spring break I am guessing that we will not be able to park at some of the resorts for just a quick service meal. TIA!!

I probably wouldn't go out of my way for any QS resort meal but if you are interested might consider a resort close to a park, like Beach/Yacht Club if you are at Epcot. The best QS meal we've had was at Wolfgang Puck marketplace at Disney Springs. I suspect that the Disney Springs option will be much better overall than any QS at the parks/resorts. If paying out of pocket you might consider eating at less expensive TS places like Beaches & Cream, The Wave (for lunch) or a resort bar.

Last edited:
Breakfast at Captain Cooks at the Poly is good - you can get the Tonga toast (without the sauce).

You could park at Disney Springs and shuttle to any of the resorts - you will just use a lot of time up to do so

POFQ and POR are usually good at breakfast but if we were staying offsite not sure we would spend the time to get there ( unless you want Mickey Waffles ). Puck Express and Polite Pig in DS are very good for lunch. Depending on your appetites some of the entrees can be shared . Other than Starbucks I think Puck is the only breakfast option in DS.

Breakfast flatbread at POFQ
Omelets at Pepper Market - CSR
Burger at the Mara (and Zebra Domes for dessert!) - AKL
Flatbread at Gasparilla Grill - GF
Nachos at Pepper Market - CSR
Grilled Chicken Sandwich at Hurricane Hanna's - BC

Thanks everyone! We just always end up eating at the resort were staying at and thought this would be a fun time to branch out. Anyone have a favorite meal of Art of Animation? Breakfast or lunch?

I would have said the pot roast at Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary, but I hear it is no longer on the menu :mad:

I think a park break and lunch at a nearby resort area is a terrific idea, especially with spring break crowds!

While you're visiting MK:
Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary - seasonal cupcakes, entrees are good, fantastic atmosphere with the monorails whizzing by
Captain Cook's at the Polynesian - pulled pork nachos, Dole Whips at the nearby Pineapple Lanai

Epcot:
Honestly, with all the fabulous choices at World Showcase I would not leave.

DHS:
Boardwalk Bakery - the sandwiches are delicious, so are the cupcakes
Boardwalk To Go Snack Kiosk - BBQ sandwich and fried macaroni and cheese bites (OMG soooo good!)

AK:
It could be fun to take the short bus ride over to AKL and take a look around and relax. The Mara is quite good and worth having a meal, however staying at AK and having lunch at Flame Tree is terrific too.

DS:
Wolfgang Puck Express is the best counter service at WDW. Good wine list, food that is a notch or three above, and partial table service (you order your food at a counter and get your own soda but everything else is brought to the table on real plates, a big deal for me.

AoA:
Unfortunately, I do not recommend the CS here. We actually went off property and ate at an Outback Steakhouse rather than go back to our resort and eat, and we never do that sort of thing.

We like most everything at Pepper Market, Pulled Pork Nachos at Captain Cook's (we go every year), the Muffaletta and salads at Riverside Food Mill, flatbreads at Contempo Cafe and so many others! We love to eat meals in the resorts when we aren't staying there. Last time we enjoyed breakfast from the quick service place at Wilderness Lodge (can't remember the name) while sitting near the pool. Beautiful view, good food. Win-win. :)

In October we ate at Sanaa for breakfast every morning. It was fast and delicious. It was an upgrade from the Mara, less hectic, and of course the view is the BEST. I’m staying at OKW on my next visit so I’ll eat at the awesome Olivia’s, but I would consider ubering over.

Yea I have to say there isn't any QS meal at any of the resorts I would go out of my way for except Tonga toast at the Poly.

Lunch would be great at Disney springs, wolf gang pucks express, blaze pizza, eos,polite pig, deluxe burger

We like heading to a resort for a later QS lunch. Our favorites lately are Contempo Cafe (even without the to-die-for pot roast), and Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge. Especially the latter - a nice relaxing boat ride, nice lunch (and maybe a libation), perhaps a nap in the lobby chairs, and then back to MK ready to go again!

I used to like Roaring Forks at WL. I haven't been there since the refurbishment, though. They used to have a salad. I think it was called the WL salad or Roaring Forks salad that I LOVED. I also enjoy the custom salad at POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter