• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best price for legoland and Disneyland tickets?

HuskyGal

DIS Veteran
Hello,
I am Planning a sea-land trip in March 2019 with one day at Legoland followed by a 5 day cruise then two days at Disneyland with 2 adults and 2 kids. Is it better to buy tickets separately, such as, the kids get in free coupon for Legoland plus last minute travel club for Disneyland tickets? Or the socal Citypass? Or Is there a more affordable option? Thank you in advance.

A lot of unions have memberships that can get you 2 days at legoland (all "parks") for $80-$87 right now, which if I remember correctly is cheaper than a single day ticket. $80 is the lowest I have seen in the last couple of years for a multi-day ticket (it's $75 for kids).

Disneyland...LMT is pretty much the only place I can ever find discounts anymore unless you're a southern California resident and here in the spring.

I followed your other thread over here to respond. Hope that's OK! Have you looked at Ares Travel or Get Away Today? Getaway does layaways on tix and hotels and tix only. They have lower prices than Disneyland! And Ares travel is better priced for the Citypass. You pay more with Disneyland and the Citypass site.

Ares has other packages of Disneyland combos especially Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland. There's a DL package with tickets for Los Angeles attractions and a day at Universal Studios Hollywood. Are you doing character dining?

Thank you! I will check out those options. Yes, we are planning on doing a character dining and dining packages.

One more question, can the citypass be paid for using Disney gift cards if I use ares or get away today? Is it true It needs to be used at Disneyland first, not Legoland first?

One more question, can the citypass be paid for using Disney gift cards if I use ares or get away today? Is it true It needs to be used at Disneyland first, not Legoland first?
Mousesavers says you have to use it first at DL if you buy from the Disneyland website or Ares Travel. https://www.mousesavers.com/southern-california-citypass/

I don't think you can use gift cards to pay off your package or tickets at Getaway or Ares. I would love that if we could!

Costco in NorCal has 3 day adult Legoland passes in store right now. I don't think there' s a children's price, but the adult price is good. When I compared in the past the "free child" deal was the cheapest for one day, Costco was cheapest for 3 days. The SoCal CityPass seems like a better deal if you are doing DL for 3 days.

I can't imagine 5 days at Legoland if you are in from out of town. We spend 2.5 days and that was more than enough, 3 is my max for a first trip, one day for a return trip. I'd spend that time at DL or doing a million other fun things in SoCal.

Thanks, everyone! Since we are doing one day at Legoland first then two days at Disneyland, it works out to be cheapest using lmtclub for Disneyland plus waiting for the kids get in free coupon for legoland. But I haven’t checked Costco price yet.

Do the lmtclub Disneyland tickets expire end of 2019 or end of 2018?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter