• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Polynesian View (Standard)

OhanaCassidy

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Poly this summer in a standard view room. Does anyone have suggestions on which house to request or maybe even some room numbers to request?? We're trying to request a room where you maybe can see some fireworks or out to the pools slightly and staying away from a view of the monorail or parking lot.

We did Fiji and had a beautiful view of the marina. We requested 3rd floor but got 1st floor which worked out perfectly.

You won't see much of fireworks from any of the Standards.

For pool access/view, you want Samoa. Those views will not include Lagoon/fireworks based on shape of things.

For water view, you want Fiji. One side is Luau Beach view, one side is Marina View.

1zl3sec.jpg
Several years ago we booked garden view and got put in Fiji. This was our garden view. Pretty awesome.

1zl3sec.jpg
Several years ago we booked garden view and got put in Fiji. This was our garden view. Pretty awesome.
That is Marina Side Fiji. The angle is poor for most of that side for fireworks but the view is lovely.

We stayed 3rd floor Fiji marina side this past August and loved it. I think next time I would request Rarotonga. We used the walking path to TTA a lot and in the August heat that would have been a much easier walk. I think it would also be nice to be so close to the Great Ceremonial House. Have fun! I'm sure you'll love wherever you are! It's an awesome resort!

Our favorite standard view is in Samoa - either a view of the main pool or a view of the Oasis pool. Both are lovely views and the location is great, too.

We stayed 3rd floor Fiji marina side this past August and loved it. I think next time I would request Rarotonga. We used the walking path to TTA a lot and in the August heat that would have been a much easier walk. I think it would also be nice to be so close to the Great Ceremonial House. Have fun! I'm sure you'll love wherever you are! It's an awesome resort!

We are going in August, and I'm trying to decide between Rarotonga and Figi. We stayed in Rarotonga in 2013, with a balcony and monorail view. It was nice being so close to the GCH and the walking path to the TTC. I was thinking of requesting Figi because it seems to have the nicest standard views, but your post is making me think twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter