Best plan from AofA to MK?

lacy1101

DIS Veteran
I'm just now starting to scour the boards for our upcoming December trip and am finding reports that bus service is very, very slow these days. We will have our own vehicle, but I am not terribly excited about the idea of paying to park at TTC (we are only going to MK for 2 days). Are the busses really that bad? How early would we need to be at the bus stop to be at MK for rope drop?

I'm just now starting to scour the boards for our upcoming December trip and am finding reports that bus service is very, very slow these days. We will have our own vehicle, but I am not terribly excited about the idea of paying to park at TTC (we are only going to MK for 2 days). Are the busses really that bad? How early would we need to be at the bus stop to be at MK for rope drop?

You don't have to pay for parking at the theme parks if you are staying on property: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...=If you are a Guest,to enter the parking lots.

True. If one is staying on property and has one's own car, the guest is already paying a daily parking fee at the resort. And if you then drive your car to a theme park parking lot, you will not be charged a parking fee on top of the one you already paid each day at the resort. It's "free" because you already paid for it.

Get to the bus stop early. We were at Pop recently, the morning bus lines usually took about 20-30 minutes, but we had one bad MK day where it was almost an hour.

Thanks guys! That's good news . . . :thumbsup2

Is the general consensus these days that we would get to the park quicker if we drove our own car? If we opted for the bus, and want to arrive at MK an hour before park opening (which seems to be what is suggested these days), how soon before park opening should we be at the AofA bus stop?

Thanks guys! That's good news . . . :thumbsup2

Is the general consensus these days that we would get to the park quicker if we drove our own car? If we opted for the bus, and want to arrive at MK an hour before park opening (which seems to be what is suggested these days), how soon before park opening should we be at the AofA bus stop?

To any other park I'd say yes, but from the MK you'd then need to get on a monorail or boat to get to the park. I'm not sure what the waits are like for those these days. Plus they haven't been opening parking lots super early, so you may not even get into the parking lot until an hour or less before opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter