• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Places for a Drink?

I get asked this all the time. Not only at DL but in general, really. When I am, I’ll always think for a moment, dig deep and then answer with all originality and sincerity, “Making your way in the world today takes everything you (sic) got. Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot. Wouldn’t you like to get away? Sometimes you wanna go...” Or some variation of that. No one ever seems to appreciate it. I never understand why and probably never will.

I get asked this all the time. Not only at DL but in general, really. When I am, I’ll always think for a moment, dig deep and then answer with all originality and sincerity, “Making your way in the world today takes everything you (sic) got. Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot. Wouldn’t you like to get away? Sometimes you wanna go...” Or some variation of that. No one ever seems to appreciate it. I never understand why and probably never will.
Well, we all know your name here! And we're always glad you came! :)

There's always a line for alcohol in DCA in the Hollywood studios backlot area. I don't know what they serve. I just always see a line there, so I assume it's a good place to get something.
I think the line is for the Micheladas. It the only place I know of to get them in the park.

Thanks for this info. I'd like to sit at the LL bar this time around rather than in the restaurant. Are you saying that I don't need a reservation for this? Or if I get a reservation, can I then say I prefer to sit at the bar?
We've had reservations and also just walked up and put our name on the lust for the bar. So , unless something has changed , I don't think you need a reservation for the bar. Yes, definitely say you want to sit inside at the bar. 😊

I *think* I've managed to try every place that serves alcohol in both parks, including Downtown Disney, and the hotels! Depending on what you're looking for:
Relaxing, classier atmosphere; Carthay Circle Lounge or Hearthstone Lounge (in the Grand Californian) or Alfresco Terrace (kinda hidden in California adventure).
For a Fun (yet sometimes crowded) atmosphere; Lamplight Lounge, Trader Sams, Ogas Cantina.
For a quick drink with little to no wait; Jack and Coke slushie @ Smoke Jumpers Grill, Vodka Lemonaide @ Carsland Cozy Cones.
(I dont do beer, just mixed drinks...i know there are even more place to grab a beer if that is what you're looking for). Have a great time, ...and cheers!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I love getting a frozen Jack and Coke at WDW, excited I can get one at DCA!

What about Ballast Point it’s on my list to try as my son and I enjoy a good beer.
My husband loves craft beer and had a good flight here. We arrived late in the evening to the GCH and just walked over to BP. The upstairs outdoor patio tables are walk up, and they have a bar up there. You can also order food at the bar and then they bring it to your patio table.

My best advice for drinking in the parks, as OP already said, is MOBILE ORDER!! You can do this even if a beer is all you want from a CS place, for example. SO much faster than standing in all of those lines.

Best depends on mood or time:
Anytime - Trader Sam's just something about this quirky place that keeps us coming back. Loud, but we can relax there...maybe it's the Shipwreck, Tangarora cooler or hippopotamaitai...:)
Pre-Dinner - date night - Napa Rose Lounge
Pre-dinner - side-car fix - Carthay Circle Lounge
During or Post -Pool while at VGC- Craftsman Lounge Poolside at the Grand Californian (first time visit for Labor Day and we're hooked)
Others are ok for a fly-by if desired, but to sit and relax we like the above choices. Honorable mention to Steakhouse 55, but it can be a bit too crazy with Goofy's next door and small footprint. We liked Oga's, but it's too rushed and can be too loud, yes eve louder than Sam's. Didn't help that they didn't have the dry ice for our son's favorite drink:(
Mike

Top 3 DLR drinks:
1) Napa Rose @ Napa Rose
2) Pear Martini @ Carthay Circle
3) Shipwreck @ Trader Sam's

Cheers!

Apologies in advance to people who don't like that alcohol is at Disney.

I've been to WDW many times, but doing my first DL trip the first week of December. The trip is all young adults that like to have some drinks at the end of the night. We love Trader Sam's at WDW and will definitely visit there. Any other good places in Downtown Disney, DCA, or the immediate surrounding areas?

So glad Trader Sam’s is on your list. We just got home and went twice!!!!

Not really what you asked, but something I discovered last January was that if you're staying at the DLH, you can order Trader Sam's drinks from your room. You have to go pick them up, but they'll put them in a to-go container if you want to take them back to your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter