Best Place to View Illuminations

kboles

Earning My Ears
Is there a restaurant that you can view illuminations from, and how hard is it to get a decent seat? Thanks :D

The California Grill on top of the Contemporary. Me and my mom go every year. Its a great view! The foods a bit expensive and you need to be sort of dressy, but its a great place to watch!

You cannot see Illuminations from California Grill as far as I know--in any case you would be a very long way away (near MK versus Illuminations being at Epcot). The only sit down restaurant that you can see the full show from would be Rose and Crown. If you camp out, you can also see Illuminations from the patio seating area at Cantina San Angel in Mexico.

Rose & Crown is waiter and waitress service and they have a limited number of patio tables. It's luck of the draw as to whether or not you'll be seated out here, but it's an amazing view. There is also an open seating area to the left of the restaurant. I have seen it get very crowded, but if you don't mind nesting, you can grab a table right on the edge of the water and eat take out. The Bistro de Paris (on the 2nd floor of the France restaurant) has some window seats, but you are inside. I've also heard that the balcony outside Teppanyaki in Japan is good. On the future world side, is San Angel cantina. Again that's open seating, so you do need to arrive early.

The balcony at Japan is a great place to view. You can also go into the Matsanoma lounge and sit along the window and see Illuminations while having sushi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter