Best place to rent Electric Wheelchair?

WishMom09

DIS Veteran
Where is the best place to rent an electric wheelchair offsite? We want an offsite rental so he can have it for around the resort as well as Disney Springs. Thank you for your help!

The vendors listed in the disAbilities FAQs thread all rent ECVs; not all rent electric wheelchairs. Those who do may require that the user have one at home. Using an electric wheelchair is not as simple and using an ECV (scooter).

Enjoy your vacation!

On my last trip from 10/27/16-11/3/16. I rented a standard Jazzy type power chair from Care Medical. It's the one in the picture. It was $315.00 altogether plus tax, for the eight days I was there with my significant other, and our friend. We stayed at the Marriott Grand Vista, and Care promptly delivered the scooter on the day we arrived. It took about half an hour for the bell person to find it. But, he delivered it to the desk when we checked in.

I loved it. The battery lasted all day, and it only started going down at night when we were at the Boo-To-You parade. Or, at one of the other parks. It was no problem as I would always bring the cord with me to charge it when we had dinner somewhere in the parks. Or, waiting for my significant other to get off one of his favorite rides. We used Access Lynx as I am "ADA certified", and had the county paratransit in my town fax all of the needed information that Access Lynx needed on me.

I'd rent from Care Medical again. The power chair I had looked like it was well cared for, and kept up.

Attachments

• Disney World Power Chair Rental.jpg
    Disney World Power Chair Rental.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter