• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Place to Buy Magic Bands

Porsche4

Mouseketeer
Where in the DL Park is the best place with perhaps the biggest range to buy Magic Bands. Thanks!!

Tomorrowlanding (I had to look up the name!) is all Magic Bands. It is near the Tomorrowland popcorn cart.

Ditto…also Emporium on Main Street, there was a whole wall just like WOD, it was close to the entrance at the end where the fire station is, right at beginning of Main Street (that shop goes on forever).

Oh great, thats good to know. I want to get them as early on into our trip as possible but I also want to hit rope drop on our first morning. I think we will head for Fantasyland and knock that over then we can try the shop in Tomorrowland on our way to do all the rides there with G+. If we don't see anything we like we can then try Main Street. Thanks for the help.

Oh great, thats good to know. I want to get them as early on into our trip as possible but I also want to hit rope drop on our first morning. I think we will head for Fantasyland and knock that over then we can try the shop in Tomorrowland on our way to do all the rides there with G+. If we don't see anything we like we can then try Main Street. Thanks for the help.
Are you arriving at Disneyland that morning? If you're coming in the day before, you could make a quick trip to World of Disney and be all set up with your Magic Bands when you enter the park the next morning.

Are you arriving at Disneyland that morning? If you're coming in the day before, you could make a quick trip to World of Disney and be all set up with your Magic Bands when you enter the park the next morning.
We are arriving into LA about 6:00pm the night before, flying in from San Francisco. We are staying at the HoJo and I think by the time we get checked in and settled after a big day of sightseeing in SF we may not feel like heading into DTD. If we feel okay then we could head there but I feel like we might have an early night so we can hit rope drop the next day. We do have tickets for 7 days in the parks, (visiting during the holiday season 2024) so we will have plenty of time to get ourselves sorted. Probably buy them mid morning and set them up while we are having churro break. Gotta get your priorities right.

When we were there this time last year I really wanted a Haunted Mansion MB. I was told there had been one design, but it was sold out at all the aforementioned shops. I finally found it at Seaside Souvenirs in DCA. So, if you have your heart set on a certain design/theme & you’re not seeing it, be sure to check the little shops where the inventory moves slower.

When we were there this time last year I really wanted a Haunted Mansion MB. I was told there had been one design, but it was sold out at all the aforementioned shops. I finally found it at Seaside Souvenirs in DCA. So, if you have your heart set on a certain design/theme & you’re not seeing it, be sure to check the little shops where the inventory moves slower.
Great tip thanks, I think when we get closer to our trip I'll start looking at what designs are around and then we can get an idea of what we might like to search for.

I bought mine at the Disney website because I wanted to get them ahead of time. I got some really cute Disneyland specific ones. They have others,too. Like solid colors and character designs.

I bought mine at the Disney website because I wanted to get them ahead of time. I got some really cute Disneyland specific ones. They have others,too. Like solid colors and character designs.
And sometimes you find good sales…just bought my Loki for half price during after Christmas sale!

Unfortunately because we live in Australia we can't buy them on the website ahead of time. I saw the Loki one and my daughter would have loved that but I guess we will just have to hope they have something similar when we are there.

Unfortunately because we live in Australia we can't buy them on the website ahead of time. I saw the Loki one and my daughter would have loved that but I guess we will just have to hope they have something similar when we are there.
I bet you'll find one she likes. There are SO many designs.

Be aware that the Magic Band+ comes only partially charged so you may have limited use if you choose to buy it in-park and use it that same day.

Be aware that the Magic Band+ comes only partially charged so you may have limited use if you choose to buy it in-park and use it that same day.
The functionality that will be limited is the “interactive” experience including the game in Galaxy’s Edge and some of the entertainment. The park entry, lightning lane and Photopass functionality does not require battery.

They take forever to update and pair with the app….and the process will kill the partially charged battery.

Buy them from WOD the night before and go into the park with them charged, linked, and updated

They take forever to update and pair with the app….and the process will kill the partially charged battery.

Buy them from WOD the night before and go into the park with them charged, linked, and updated
Had some great news today that we have been successful in renting some DVC points so we will now be staying at the new Disneyland Villas which I am soooo excited about. This means we can hit DTD as soon as we have checked in and get our Magic bands the night before our first day in the park so we can get them all set up and be ready to go for rope drop the next day. Wooo hoooo.

Had some great news today that we have been successful in renting some DVC points so we will now be staying at the new Disneyland Villas which I am soooo excited about. This means we can hit DTD as soon as we have checked in and get our Magic bands the night before our first day in the park so we can get them all set up and be ready to go for rope drop the next day. Wooo hoooo.
Nice! A quick tip that you probably already know is to make sure to link the reservation confirmation to your Disneyland app and you can actually check in a few days before.

We were just at VDH in a 1BD 2 weeks ago and never even went to the front desk to get a room key (used app to open the door).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter