• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best place near WDW to get GOOD quality produce?

DLgal

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at BC with a car. I'd like to pickup some basic groceries, with an emphasis on fresh fruit, to keep in the room. I cannot stand the limited options at WDW where fruits/veggies are concerned.

Where is the best place to get the best produce? We will also need some Naked/Bolthouse smoothies to mix some powdered medicine into for my son.

At home, I typically get great produce at Target, but I'm in CA and we have excellent variety of that here. Is it the same in Orlando? Is there a better option? I know there is a Target not too far from AKL, but not sure if they have fresh produce.

Even though I posted this on the budget board, I'm not looking for low cost food. Just trying to save vs buying this stuff at WDW. Can't stand to pay $5 for a banana or cup of grapes.

There appears to be a new Target and Publix at the Western Way expansion. I'll probably head over there on our first day.

There’s a Target at Flamingo Creek right outside AK , take western way from Buena Vista Dr.

There’s a Target at Flamingo Creek right outside AK , take western wTay from Buena Vista Dr.
That Target is one of their smaller stores more geared towards tourists, the food/produce selection will be more limited than a normal Target. Go to Publix, there are tons of them in close proximity to WDW. Use Google Maps and it will send you to the closest location. There is one behind the MK, and probably at least 5 in the immediate area. And a Publix will be closer than that Target.

That Target is one of their smaller stores more geared towards tourists, the food/produce selection will be more limited than a normal Target. Go to Publix, there are tons of them in close proximity to WDW. Use Google Maps and it will send you to the closest location. There is one behind the MK, and probably at least 5 in the immediate area. And a Publix will be closer than that Target.

We really just need some bananas, apples, grapes, carrots, broccoli, and a few yogurts and smoothies. I'm not trying to make a stir fry or anything. Just want to have some stuff to keep in the room to snack on in between all the junk food!

I only asked this because my parents live near Kissimmee and their Publix has an awful produce selection. Everything is always so sad and half spoiled. So, my experiences at Publix have been sub par, at best.

We really just need some bananas, apples, grapes, carrots, broccoli, and a few yogurts and smoothies. I'm not trying to make a stir fry or anything. Just want to have some stuff to keep in the room to snack on in between all the junk food!

I only asked this because my parents live near Kissimmee and their Publix has an awful produce selection. Everything is always so sad and half spoiled. So, my experiences at Publix have been sub par, at best.
That's too bad! We usually stay at a MK resort, so we go to the one behind the MK and it's good. I love Publix (and the subs), I moved back up north and it's one of the things I miss about FL! If you only need limited food, the Target will probably work, and FC is a nice area, it's where the new College Program housing complex is located.

I realize this is farther away--Google Maps estimates 23 minutes drive time--but there is a Whole Foods in Orlando.

I realize this is farther away--Google Maps estimates 23 minutes drive time--but there is a Whole Foods in Orlando.

Yeah, that's too far. I will probably need to do this twice over 8 days since all we have is a mini fridge. So I'd like it to not be too far. Plus, I don't really like Whole Foods anymore ever since Amazon acquired it. It's annoying to shop around all the Amazon Fresh employees fulfilling orders.

Yeah, that's too far. I will probably need to do this twice over 8 days since all we have is a mini fridge. So I'd like it to not be too far. Plus, I don't really like Whole Foods anymore ever since Amazon acquired it. It's annoying to shop around all the Amazon Fresh employees fulfilling orders.
All true . . . but I thought it might be worth a mention. I haven't gotten produce at Publix in a long time, so I cannot vouch for them. I also haven't had groceries delivered in eons, but that could be another avenue to explore, although, if you're like me, you want to pick out your own fruit and veg.

I second this... we tried this Target because we needed some toiletry stuff to restock our owners locker so we were trying to keep it to one stop. It was pretty limited so we ended up back at Publix. We are from the northeast and don't have Publix. I think it's like any grocery store chain and not all locations are the same. We stop at one in Lake Cay Commons on the way towards Disney from MCO and that one has a great produce section. We ran out to one near BWI and it wasn't that great.

The Target by AK has a relatively small selection of a lot including beer. They are pricey and as I said small selection so anything fresh this may not be a good option... however if you try it there is a real grocery on the opposite side of the road I do not recall the name its been a while but you should be able to get whatever else there. To find the better options I think you will need to go further where locals shop. I have stopped at places driving from different part of Florida and the difference is huge from selection to pricing.

A stop at Whole Foods adds about 10 minutes,obviously plus time spent in WF, coming from the airport.

A stop at Whole Foods adds about 10 minutes,obviously plus time spent in WF, coming from the airport.

We won't be stopping on the way from the airport. We get in kind of late in the evening. We will make a trip the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter