Best place in each park to escape the heat in the middle of the day

I think a nice, long lunch in the ac is in order. You'd be surprised what you can book as long as you are open minded. I prefer this to a show, as heat, crowds and sit down shows leave me sleepy in the middle of the day. i always perk up after an hour and a half leisurely lunch.

When at the MK, you could monorail to a resort restaurant, and at Epcot you could head to the Crescent Lake hotels for some lunch/exploring!

I think a nice, long lunch in the ac is in order. You'd be surprised what you can book as long as you are open minded. I prefer this to a show, as heat, crowds and sit down shows leave me sleepy in the middle of the day. i always perk up after an hour and a half leisurely lunch.

When at the MK, you could monorail to a resort restaurant, and at Epcot you could head to the Crescent Lake hotels for some lunch/exploring!

That's a lot of walking to escape the heat. lol. In my opinion it's all about location, location, location.

That's a lot of walking to escape the heat. lol. In my opinion it's all about location, location, location.

Understood! It's just a lot more relaxing to me in the hot, crowded months to get out of the park altogether. I know a lot of people like popping into a show, but that leaves me feeling even more lethargic. To each their own!

We like the Tiki Room... and you can bring a cool beverage in with you as a bonus!

Understood! It's just a lot more relaxing to me in the hot, crowded months to get out of the park altogether. I know a lot of people like popping into a show, but that leaves me feeling even more lethargic. To each their own!

Fair enough. That is a good point too. If the crowd bothers you in addition to the heat, heading out of the park for a bit can really help.

At AK don't forget that a short, maybe breezy train ride to Rafiki's Planet Watch can offer an air conditioned break.

At AK don't forget that a short, maybe breezy train ride to Rafiki's Planet Watch can offer an air conditioned break.

Very true. I'm not a fan of Rafiki's Planet Watch itself, but I always thought the train ride was one of AK's hidden gems. It's relaxing and usually has no wait.

For the Magic Kingdoma, I like to head over to one of the monorail resorts and have lunch. In the middle of the day, the resorts are less crowded. I find more relaxing than eating lunch at the park.

We go in August and always leave the park to take a midday break by the pool. We start to get annoyed by the heat, crowds and lines. My kids also feel the pool is as important to the vacation as the parks.

If I were going during cooler months with shorter park hours I would do lunch ADR's to get away from it all and include a show or two to get away from the heat.

MK: Walk 5 minutes away from the park and have lunch at the Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary. You can shop in the excellent stores they have there after lunch, or head down to the second floor or lobby. Both of those floors have sofas where you can lounge and relax for a bit.

Epcot and Hollywood Studios: Walk to Beach Club or Boardwalk from the World Showcase exit. Straight back from the lobby at Beach Club is a room with a tv, some sofas, and some lounge chairs where you can relax. Boardwalk has a bar on the Inn side (lobby floor) that is not open mid-day. It has some comfy chairs where you can relax as well.

AK: Nomad Lounge in-park, or take the bus to Jambo at AKL. There are lots of comfy places to sit in the main lobby, and it has some nice viewing areas with rockers if you want to relax and watch the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter