Best place at Disney for french toast

BridgetR3

Dreaming of Home
So DS1 is a french toast fanatic. Back in the day, he used to eat the banana bread french toast with bananas foster sauce from Roarin Fork but I think that is still gone. Where is the best place (QS or TS) to get him GOOD french toast?

My favorite is the Tonga toast at Kona Cafe inside Poly. You can also get it at Captain cook which is a QS inside Poly, but it doesn’t come with the Strawberry Compote sauce to put on top.
It comes on the side. I just did this in February.

Tonga Toast is a personal favorite, but that is also very different from the usual french toast most people look for. I love the Shahi Tukra French Toast they have at Sanaa at breakfast. I also adore the French Toast Bread Pudding they have a AKL at The Mara & Boma, and the version they have at Primo Piatto at Riviera.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Salted Caramel-Apple French Toast at Ale and Compass, but I know other people have raved about it.

I rarely eat a real breakfast on property, but Tonga Toast is one of those things I'll make it a point to get.

My favorite is the Tonga toast at Kona Cafe inside Poly. You can also get it at Captain cook which is a QS inside Poly, but it doesn’t come with the Strawberry Compote sauce to put on top.

Without the strawberry compote, I find the sugar coating too crunchy which I find gross and unpleasant. Once I put the compote on it, it dissolved most of the sugar and then it was awesome. I would never have it without the compote.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Salted Caramel-Apple French Toast at Ale and Compass, but I know other people have raved about it.
I really liked it but DH hates caramel so he would absolutely never eat it. You really have to like caramel - salted caramel in particular - to like this IMO.

It's in the food neighborhood but not actually french toast--

DH likes tiramisu and said the tiramisu bread pudding at Trattoria al Forno is unbelievably delicious if you like the traditional dessert.

Another vote for the Shahi Tukra French Toast at Sanaa Breakfast! It’s counter service style so you order at the counter and then can pick a table by the window to watch the animals. The whipped chai cream is so good!

Attachments

• 0E84063F-BD96-4186-9582-F36AEB181C3A.jpeg
    0E84063F-BD96-4186-9582-F36AEB181C3A.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 45
Another vote for the Shahi Tukra French Toast at Sanaa Breakfast! It’s counter service style so you order at the counter and then can pick a table by the window to watch the animals. The whipped chai cream is so good!
That sounds really interesting.

What does it taste like?

I think we may try the french toast at the Grand Foridian as that one looks the best to him. THANK YOU ALL!

That sounds really interesting.

What does it taste like?
The whipped cream remind me of the cream that is on the sour cream waffles at Topolinos (so good!) but with the flavor of a chai tea latte. The French toast itself was had almonds, raisins and I believe cinnamon but wasn’t too different from tradition French toast besides that. It was excellent!

Tonga Toast, without a doubt. Banana bread french toast at Olivia's is a distant second place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter