Best Pizza?

prairiesarah

Mouseketeer
Staying offsite at Windsor Hills. We ordered Domino’s last night and it was terrible - wasn’t even close to what we get from them at home in Canada. Haven’t ever tried any other chains in the US (or local places). Any suggestions for really good pizza (crust in particular) that we could get delivered?

Girdano’s is really good Chicago style pizza. I also hear about people ordering from Flippers, but I have not had the chance to yet.

Another vote for Giordano’s. There’s one right on 192 near Windsor Hills. Their stuffed pizza is amazing.

Forget Pizzas go out onto Hwy 192 & turn Left . There are many good eating places within

2 miles .. food of many choices at all of them .... Go on ... Go out ... and have different food

Forget Pizzas go out onto Hwy 192 & turn Left . There are many good eating places within

2 miles .. food of many choices at all of them .... Go on ... Go out ... and have different food
What’s wrong with pizza?

Flipper's is good too, but it's not NY style. A bit more like New England style. And Giordano's is okay, I suppose, if by "pizza" you mean the stuff they serve in Chicago. Being from Philadelphia, that's not our definition of pizza.

What’s wrong with pizza?

I kind of wondered the same thing....

Thanks to all that answered. We ended up ordering from Giordano's mainly because we've never had Chicago style pizza and wanted to give in a shot. Definitely not like any pizza we'd had before but everyone enjoyed it. Crust was a little dry but the cheese/sauce/toppings part was great and almost more lasagna-esque.

Flipper's is good too, but it's not NY style. A bit more like New England style. And Giordano's is okay, I suppose, if by "pizza" you mean the stuff they serve in Chicago. Being from Philadelphia, that's not our definition of pizza.

Nearly life long Chicagoan here, 2nd Gen.
When people use the term "Chicago Pizza," they generally mean stuffed or pan (which are 2 diff beasts, and should never be thought of as the same.)

When Chicagoans say "pizza," we generally mean thin crust. What I'm getting at is: I don't know many Chicagoans that prefer stuffed or pan pizza to Chicago Thin Crust- (which around here is called tavern style or cracker or thin crust.) I haven't had a stuffed "Chicago Pizza" in like 15 years. We generally only get that stuff when we have out of town guests.
I'd put our decent thin crust joints against any east coast pizza, and they'll hold up - many newer joints are opening here that model themselves after east coast style, and of course, they do really well, because it's great. That stuffed pizza, however, not my preference...but I won't turn it down.

The closest that you'll find to Canada pizza is Flippers. The closest is in the Rolling Oaks plaza. Ask them to put the pepperoni on top or it will be under the cheese and not crispy. Sadly, with all of the restaurant options right there, great pizza is hard to find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter