best pet site

ang38

A gift from the Yacht Club
We are going in August and are looking for a pet site that has lots of shade and is near the comfort station. Does anyone know which sites are like that? We have always stayed at loop 1600, but in May when we wanted the sun!! We are torn between 1600 and 1700. We are traveling with a dog and cat and would feel better if the home was in shade while we aren't home, just incase something goes wrong with the electricity while we are out!!
thanks
angela

We stayed in loop 300, the preferred pet loop. The comfort station is directly in the center of the loop, so you are always very close to the comfort station.

We found the 300 loop had a fair amount of trees, so it's hard to go wrong with a site. Perhaps a call directly to FW campground would be helpful.

Cluemeister

I was just wondering if you don't have a pet, would they put you in the preferred pet loop site? I have requested loop 900 and I was just wondering if that was full, do they put you in the pet loop even if you don't have a pet.

Yes, non pet campers are placed in the 300 loop.

Depending on the number of reservations non pet campers may be placed in the 1600 - 1900 loops also.

sltrawick,

As Tim said you could end up in a pet loop but it has never happened to us on many many trips. If you want to make sure (as sure as you can be anyway) not to get a pet loop be sure and put that request to your reservation.

that leaving your pets in the trailer could be very risky IF the ac does go off for any reason...esp. in AUGUST.

We stayed in the 300 loop with our dog last Aug, and will be back this Aug 3-??. It is a great loop, so close to everything, with the nice dogwalk in the back, beautiful comfort station, etc. I spent one afternoon making notes on each campsite, so I could decide where I wanted to be for this year. Unfortunately, that notebook is in the RV which is in storage, but I can tell you that the sites are *not* very uniform when it comes to size/shade/etc. Best bet is to take what they assign you, drive back in to it, and if you don't like the looks of it, call and ask for a different site. If you don't mind a walk to the bus stop, the sites in the back/outside of the loop were very quiet and shady. I can't wait...
Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter