• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Parking Option

nursemelis374

Mouseketeer
So excited as we return tomorrow. I feel like I have been reading so much about parking and thought I would start a thread to keep just this info.

We are going tomorrow and should be in Anaheim by 0800. With the structure being a mess we are thinking of trying Castle Inn or Anaheim (though I hear that books up quick). Our backup after that is Garden Walk.

Will post our final outcome!

What have others done?

I miss the days when this part wasn't so stressful.

I may just go to Gardenwalk and be done with it. It's not far and no going into a hotel to wait on a line to pay. Does Gardenwalk have parking hours?

Honestly, we are just going back to the structure. I have heard a few stories of car break ins at the hotel surface lots and Gardenwalk is just as far of a walk. The structure is a pain, but it's safe and secure and we plan to walk back through Downtown Disney this time and hit some shops on our way out.

I might drop off my husband and kids at the Harbor entrance and then go park, just to save them that walk.

My friends are there today. They arrived at 0750. Hotel lots were full so they did Garden Walk. Were in the park at 0850. She has walked from the structure many times and felt this was closer.

Other friends were there yesterday. Arrived at 0745, structure was not letting people in so they had to drive in. It opened about 0755. They said they waited 30 minutes to pay for parking. They were in the park at 0920.

I do like the idea of walking back through DTD but we are so not used to full 12 hour days so might not be up for much.

I may just go to Gardenwalk and be done with it. It's not far and no going into a hotel to wait on a line to pay. Does Gardenwalk have parking hours?

I believe it is 24 hours, it was pre-pandemic. Google is saying 11am-10pm but I know that is not true as some of the restaurants are open later than that.

I am going next Tuesday (attempt #2; what was supposed to be a visit this Tuesday was thwarted by illness). I think I’m just going to park at Gardenwalk... M&F is so unpredictable with the inconsistent opening times. I really want to arrive by 7:30 but that will entail getting my kid up at 6:30 so we will see how that goes lol. I have parked Gardenwalk and walked to the parks, it’s about the same distance/time as walking through DTD, maybe not as pleasant of a walk but truly no big deal.

Garden walk would be quicker. It is $3 an hour after the first hour , Disney is $25, so about the same price

It is technically a longer walk by 0.2 miles from gardenwalk to the front gates. The walk from the parking structure is 0.9 miles, 1.10 from Gardenwalk, although GW could definitely be faster.,

Anaheim hotel was full by 7:30 this morning (Saturday). Swooped right over to garden walk on the first level....almost the first spot and the walk to gates was super easy. Took maybe 7 minutes

We went yesterday. The hotels were sold out or not taking parking by about 0730 when I called. We parked at Garden Walk around 0750 right near Disney Way. The walk was short. Harbor was crowded but it moved quickly. We were in the park around 0840 and walking off Pirates at 0905. We did Pirates, HM, Splash and a churro break all before about 1030. We are going to try the structure for our DCA day tomorrow.

The walk didn’t feel bad at all but we did GW more for the convenience and getting in earlier then if we parked at the structure.

We had a great day! Did everything we wanted and left around 630. Just missed Big Thunder and Space Mountain but the big kids stayed for that. The food situation does stink but whatever.

We went yesterday. The hotels were sold out or not taking parking by about 0730 when I called. We parked at Garden Walk around 0750 right near Disney Way. The walk was short. Harbor was crowded but it moved quickly. We were in the park around 0840 and walking off Pirates at 0905. We did Pirates, HM, Splash and a churro break all before about 1030. We are going to try the structure for our DCA day tomorrow.

The walk didn’t feel bad at all but we did GW more for the convenience and getting in earlier then if we parked at the structure.

We had a great day! Did everything we wanted and left around 630. Just missed Big Thunder and Space Mountain but the big kids stayed for that. The food situation does stink but whatever.
Great report, thank you! Do you know what time they started letting people through security on the Harbor side?

We parked at the structure yesterday for our DCA day. We arrived to structure around 0800 and were in DCA by 0900. I wish we had gotten there earlier as RSR was already an hour at 0905! The walk in was rough but it was nice to walk out via DTD after dinner at Black Tap.

I think if you want to get in earlier do Garden Walk and get there by 0745.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter