Best Park with View of Disney Cruise Ships at Port Canaveral

CHunterK

Earning My Ears
DVC Silver
I'm going in a few weeks on a cruise out of port canaveral. We will have some time before we can check in. What park in the area has a view of the ship off in the distance? Can you see the ship at Kelly Park across the river, even if it's off in the distance?

I'm going in a few weeks on a cruise out of port canaveral. We will have some time before we can check in. What park in the area has a view of the ship off in the distance? Can you see the ship at Kelly Park across the river, even if it's off in the distance?

I think it is too far away. The other issue with Kelly park is that the causeway bridge is between you and the port, which would also block the view. To watch the ship sail away the best option is Jetty Park, right by the port.

A new restaurant just opened Gator’s Dockside (it’s were Milliken’s Reef was). Great view, outdoor patio.
Go get a drink or coke. The wings are good also.
There is also a parking lot that you can get a pretty good view
C16BE30F-C6BC-45C3-9FDD-8E75FD8D7229.jpeg

Last edited:
We visited the drive through at Mickey D's before our cruise with plans to eat it waiting in line to get into the parking garage. Found out it doesn't work that way... We went over to the restaurant area and parked in the shade near FishLips and had a great view with our meal. We had dinner there the evening before and watched the ships depart. I recently saw some of the restaurants in that area are now offering breakfast. We plan to visit one before our next cruise.

If extra time is available, would recommend visiting Exploration Tower located right along the ship channel. Lots of exhibits to explore and the 7th floor has an outside observation area for an unbeatable view of the port and cruise ships in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter