Best Park Shoes for Kids

Easy question - OLD shoes that they are used to wearing!!!

That is good advice and probably what I would have done except we live in the Northeast, and both my kids outgrew their "summer shoes" during the winter. While we did take sneakers, I wanted something waterproof too. We got Keens. They worked great.

My daughter was 7 during our last trip. She wore the regular Walmart Danskin brand athletic shoes like she wears to school and didn't get any blisters. She never complained about her feet hurting. I did bring two pairs of shoes so that she could alternate them.

Another fan of Keens for the kids. We have both the Rio and the Newport H2 styles- both have closed toes to protect the little piggies.
The H2s are strappy so they might need to be broken in before a Disney trip. I like them bc they can be worn with shorts/Ts but also look cute with sun dresses.
The kids always wear sneakers on the plane so we have them with us but once we get down to FL they rarely put them back on.

Bumping this thread in the hope someone can give me advice on what SOCKS to get? All the info I've seen about what adults should wear is non-cotton moisture wicking - but I can't find kid socks that meet those criteria if I search online. At least I haven't thus far. Maybe I'm being dense!!!!

As I'm typing this it occurs to me that maybe I should go to a sporting goods type store? Any advice will be so helpful!!!

Bumping this thread in the hope someone can give me advice on what SOCKS to get? All the info I've seen about what adults should wear is non-cotton moisture wicking - but I can't find kid socks that meet those criteria if I search online. At least I haven't thus far. Maybe I'm being dense!!!!

As I'm typing this it occurs to me that maybe I should go to a sporting goods type store? Any advice will be so helpful!!!
DGD is currently in love with no see um socks (can't recall the other name for them). Mostly cotton (80-90%), with about 10% nylon and a little spandex. The cotton is a good absorbent material, the nylon retains the shape and the spandex holds the socks on the feet securely. There's a Target's near the house so that's where I buy them. Wouldn't be surprised if they were also sold at Walmart's, Kohl's and similar.

We save the higher topped non cotton moisture wicking versions for long distance hiking boots and trips.

HTH

Wanted to thank y'all for this thread. I read through it a couple days ago and it never even occurred to me to find a second pair of shoes for my kiddo too! I just purchased these StrideRite shoes with memory foam for my kiddo. They're on sale at Target ($10 off--only paid $23 for them) and they're similar to Keen's design. Score!

I haven't tried them myself, but people rave about Bombas! They make sizes down to 1-5 yr old!

LL Bean and Smartwool also make some from my quick searching!!

I am def doing flip flops on our next WDW vacation. My DD loves her crocs so we argued quite often on our last two trips about when she could wear them..... SMH
Thoughts don't always translate well on message boards. I meant flip flops for the pool rather than crocs. We have always brought crocs for pool time but my DD wants to wear them all the time. (Because they are pretty and colorful and fun). But we end up arguing about wearing them to the parks - which as I mentioned are a hassle IMHO at the parks. I wouldn't let her wear flip flops at the parks because her feet would hurt and I know she would get stepped on / run over by a stroller. I think flip-flops are awful for the parks!

I was going to ask about flip flops at the parks until I saw your correction. My niece wore flip flops to the parks one year and said it was the biggest mistake she made. She said her feet hurt so bad by the end of each day. I'm going to look into Skechers for my next walking shoe. In years past, I've worn sandals with the straps across the top and have done rather well with them. I think the key to sandals is how big/cushy the sole is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter