Best (or most useful) Fish Extender gift you've received?

My favorite gift is one I probably shouldn't give: it was a tiny bottle you can fill with sand from Castaway. While I love it and it's a nice reminder of being there, if everyone were to take a small amount of sand from Castaway, eventually there would be no beach. Sooo, not sure if that's a good FE gift. :confused3
IIRC there are signs on Castaway Cay asking you not to take anything with you. I think it's more for sea shells, but I guess it would also apply to sand (for the reason you pointed out and probably others as well).

The most useful FE gift I use every cruise on the Dream and Fantasy is the light card with a magnet attached to the back I got in a Fish Exchange a few years ago. The least useful has been the cups and mugs. Almost everyone give those out now so you get more then one each cruise from the groups. I pick a favorite to use on the ship if I didn’t already bring my own and leave the others behind.

View attachment 777204
I'm almost embarrassed to ask, I worked in hotels for years and have been on many cruises, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me. What is a light card???

I'm almost embarrassed to ask, I worked in hotels for years and have been on many cruises, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me. What is a light card???

On the Disney Dream and Fantasy in order for the lights in the stateroom to work you have to insert your room card into a slot by the front door. Many people just use some random plastic card to put into the slot so they don’t forget their room card when they leave the room and get locked out. The light card I got in a FE is a plastic card to use in the light slot instead of the stateroom card and it has the added feature of having a magnet on the back so it can be removed and be stuck on the wall just above the slot so it doesn’t get lost and can be put in easily when you return.

Example of room card slot with a light card.
1689276555553.jpeg

Example of a light card with magnet on the wall.
1689276584142.jpeg

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/04/stateroom-key-to-the-world-kttw-activated-light-switch-tip/

On the Disney Dream and Fantasy in order for the lights in the stateroom to work you have to insert your room card into a slot by the front door. Many people just use some random plastic card to put into the slot so they don’t forget their room card when they leave the room and get locked out. The light card I got in a FE is a plastic card to use in the light slot instead of the stateroom card and it has the added feature of having a magnet on the back so it can be removed and be stuck on the wall just above the slot so it doesn’t get lost and can be put in easily when you return.

Example of room card slot with a light card.
View attachment 777401

Example of a light card with magnet on the wall.
View attachment 777402

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/04/stateroom-key-to-the-world-kttw-activated-light-switch-tip/
Thank you! What a fantastic idea!!! I've only sailed on the Magic and Wonder. Was supposed to do the Fantasy and Dream, then we had covid.... Have yet to reschedule.

These items have Disney logos on them which are copyrighted. Who want to talk to a Disney lawyer?

-Paul
But buy a Disney logo item and give it away is fine.
Also buy Disney logo items and alter them but give it away is fine.
It’s only an issue if you SELL an item for profit where Disney has no knowledge or agreement of sale of their trademarked products.
If I want to paint Mickey Mouse in our nursery wall that’s fine. But I can’t paint a Mickey Mouse in a Daycare because a service is sold there. Also you can’t hire a person to paint it for you because they can’t be paid for painting Mickey.

But then we have Andy Warhols, Campbell Soup, cans, and I believe Marilyn Monroe copyrighted photos that were used in his artwork. That might still be an issue in the courts for the Marilyn Monroe pictures.

I will try that-thank you for the suggestion :)
My pleasure! Also, there are other sources online that sell Lego parts for cheaper than what Lego sells them for. However, I would much rather spend a few extra dollars to guarantee Lego quality than trust a random online vendor.

This is my listing. If you send me a note with how many you would like to order and your address, I will figure out the shipping cost.
I love that you have HOTHS ones too. I might have to get some to do Pixie Dust + one for DS.

If you dont mind sharing where you bought the lego ships?

After the kids got the Lego ship, that became our go-to gift. We sorted out the parts list from theirs and just ordered the commensurate number of pieces directly from Lego.

Thank you for sharing this -unfortunately, I cant order this because it doesnt deliver to Canada 😭

Since I made modifications to the ship design I received, I created new instructions. I added some icebergs for Alaska. I used the Bricklink Studio software to create the instructions. They look just like the ones that come with Lego kits. I also wanted to personalize the instructions for my cruise. I then ordered parts from Lego using their Pick-a-Brick option. Some pieces will come in within a week or so, but others can take about 2 months. Be sure to order with plenty of time and immediately check the order when it arrives. Some of my pieces were missing, but Lego sent new ones for free. It’s bound to happen when you order 100+ of a specific tiny piece.

We've gotten a bunch of great things over the years. Even all the little dollar store items the people sometimes complain about I don't mind. Thats the stuff that occupy the kids time for a while, esp waiting in the cabin while everyone is getting ready for dinner etc.

The one thing I use every day is the Yeti like tumbler with my hubby's name and fave character on it. It comes with me to work every night with my coffee in it. A PP mentioned she didn't like getting mugs or cups but, that is what gets used in my house. My kids are big tea drinkers so we go through a lot of mugs.

We also rec'd a Mickey shaped charm necklace that I have had hanging on my rearview mirror for years.

Handmade bowl cozies in different disney fabrics. They are so cute and useful after microwaving hot bowls of food.

An ice cream kit that included small plastic cups, spoons and Halloween themed sprinkles. Great to bring with you to the machines!

Since I made modifications to the ship design I received, I created new instructions. I added some icebergs for Alaska. I used the Bricklink Studio software to create the instructions. They look just like the ones that come with Lego kits. I also wanted to personalize the instructions for my cruise. I then ordered parts from Lego using their Pick-a-Brick option. Some pieces will come in within a week or so, but others can take about 2 months. Be sure to order with plenty of time and immediately check the order when it arrives. Some of my pieces were missing, but Lego sent new ones for free. It’s bound to happen when you order 100+ of a specific tiny piece.
Would you mind sharing a pic of your design and instructions? If you'd rather not share your work, I certainly understand!

Would you mind sharing a pic of your design and instructions? If you'd rather not share your work, I certainly understand!
The instructions are long, like 40 something pages. I don’t have a pic of the boat right now. I’m in Rome. I’ll post a pic after I get home in a couple of weeks.

DH & I got matching Sailor Chip & Sailor Dale shirts (they're our favorite) that we ended up wearing whenever we wanted to be comfortable on the ship. Got a cute pic one night in the atrium. 20230709_154925.jpg

Also got an Emergen-Sea kit that had a bunch of useful items in it like band-aids, tums, aspirin, tide pod, etc. The plastic pouch was decorated with Disney touches.

Water/soda cups with lids/straws and the ship name and a fave character
Little battery powered night nights
Cute Disney ornaments
Disney cruise coasters
Small packing bags
Tote bags with ship name

Actually we have received so many great things this is just a small sample. People are super creative (I am not) so we have copied many ideas! Also check Etsy for fish extender gifts and many options.

Searching for Fish Extender gift ideas is overwhelming! Would anyone be willing to share a gift that really impressed them or made them smile – regardless of cost? Not looking to break the bank here. My goal is to gift something the recipient will actually use and enjoy. Bonus points if you have kid-specific ideas. Thanks!
Is a gift card an okay gift for fish extenders? Personally, I’d love money over a gift any day.

So here's what I recommend. Go watch some videos of people's fish extender hauls. Then look at everything and decide what YOU would have loved to get. That's what kind of led me into what I wanted to give.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter