Best option WDW-MCO for solo traveler

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
We are headed to WDW on Thanksgiving. 4 of us will stay the rest of the week. My DD18 will be starting college so she is just coming down for the weekend.

Any recommendations for the best way to get her MCO from BLT? Not sure if she should do Mears, Sunshine, Uber/Lyft, driver like Tony Hinds?

Thanks!

In my experience as a solo traveler, using a shuttle service like Mears is typically fine when departing the airport, especially for $16. I tend to take Uber/Lyft back to the airport since I have Clear and don't need to arrive 2+ hours ahead of time. Ride shares cost ~$35 each way from MCO to WDW.

In my experience as a solo traveler, using a shuttle service like Mears is typically fine when departing the airport, especially for $16. I tend to take Uber/Lyft back to the airport since I have Clear and don't need to arrive 2+ hours ahead of time. Ride shares cost ~$35 each way from MCO to WDW.
Thanks for this. I'm doing a solo trip next year (hopefully!) and I have TSA precheck. I didn't want to do Mears or Sunshine Flyer on the way back just to sit in the airport for a couple of hours.

Thank you!! I was thinking of using TTC, but I didn't like the idea of hanging around the airport for two hours. I have Pre-check and am flying FC, so I can get through security pretty quickly.

My flight isn't until noon, so there should be plenty of Uber/Lyft drivers available to pick me up around 9:30 or 10:00. TTC quoted me $95 (plus tip) so Uber/Lyft sounds like a better option.

Thanks again!

Mears Connect would be the most cost effective option and easy to use, you can make a reservation online in advance of your arrival.. Uber/Lyft would be the fastest but more expensive, especially with fuel surcharges, etc..

Absolutely. They are still widely available at the airport and the Disney resorts.
Any idea roughly what a cab would cost MCO-POFQ? We'd need to be picked up about at 9:30pm on a Thursday night and need to be back at MCO by 7:30 on a Tuesday morning. Just two passengers.

Any idea roughly what a cab would cost MCO-POFQ? We'd need to be picked up about at 9:30pm on a Thursday night and need to be back at MCO by 7:30 on a Tuesday morning. Just two passengers.
According to TaxiFareFinder, the average is about $59.

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando&from=Disney's+Port+Orleans+French+Quarter+Resort,+2201+Orleans+Dr,+Lake+Buena+Vista,+Florida+32830,+United+States&to=Orlando+International+Airport+(MCO)&fromCoord=28.380304,-81.53674&toCoord=28.412361,-81.311203

Ride Guru shows you Lyft/Uber fares as well.

https://ride.guru/estimate/Disney's... Florida 32827, United States#fare-comparison

Does anybody uses cabs anymore? We used taxis on our last trip because we were not familiar with uber/lyft, and I was thinking of using a taxi again to the airport from our resort...
We used a taxi both ways, and was great. No wait at all; walked up to taxi stand and got right in. From the resort to MCO, they hailed one for us from bell services and it was there in 10 min to pick us up.
Ours was 65 one way and 70 the other, I believe (that was with tip), but we went during a low period.

Rideguru only shows the basic rideshare fare. It doesn't show the current fare. Current fare includes ptice gouging, aka dynamic pricing which can ddouble or even triple the fare

Rideguru only shows the basic rideshare fare. It doesn't show the current fare. Current fare includes ptice gouging, aka dynamic pricing which can ddouble or even triple the fare

I paid $36 for a Lyft from MCO to universal resort on a Tuesday morning in May, and $26 back to the airport on a Saturday afternoon. Yes there is dynamic pricing but it is possible to check the Lyft and Uber fares in the app before you book them, unless you would rather just pay $65 or $70 for a cab, then that's fine too.

I came in solo on 7/12 around 8:00pm on Southwest. I grabbed a Lyft, 1 minute wait. Mears would have involved a long walk to the other side. I was at Pop in about 30 minutes. $35 plus tip.

We had time to kill between our cruise and flight, so we got an Uber to DS. For six of us (XL), it was $50 MCO>DS (11a on Monday) and $125 DS>MCO (330p on Monday).

I came in solo on 7/12 around 8:00pm on Southwest. I grabbed a Lyft, 1 minute wait. Mears would have involved a long walk to the other side. I was at Pop in about 30 minutes. $35 plus tip.
SW pax, with checked luggage, using shared bus have to schelp their luggage back up to level 3 across the terminal then down to level.

Taxi, rideshare or car service makes a lot of sense.

Ride share drivers wait in holding lot. It's usually at least a 5 minute wait for rideshare to SW baggage claim

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter