Best Option: Shuttle, Taxi, or Uber Select?

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
My daughter and her friend are flying down to Orlando during the first week of August for a one day trip to DHS to ride the Great Movie Ride one more time be fore it closes forever. They will be leaving the Atlanta airport at 6 am and arriving at Orlando International somewhere around 7:15-7:30. They want to go straight to DHS to be there at rope drop. They have tickets purchased and FastPasses booked. They are not staying on property and will be flying back to Atlanta later that night. We are looking for the best option for both coming and going. From what I understand these would be their options:

Option 1: Uber Select from the Airport and Uber X for the return trip

Option 2: Mears Shuttle bus

Option 3: Mears taxi

Do anyone have any comments about which option would be best? Or does anyone have any other suggestions that might be better? Any help would be appreciated.

They don't need to take Uber Select. UberX & Lyft can now pick up at the airport. There's just an extra airport fee of about $5.

The only reason to take Mears taxi or shuttle would be if they're not comfortable using Uber or Lyft.

They can now get Uber anything* from the airport: X, XL or Select. If it's just the two of them, I'd X both ways.

* New Florida law went into effect on July 1. All airports and seaports are wide open for Uber/Lyft.

Thanks a bunch for the replies. I did a Google search and it said that they had to take Uber Select. Thanks for the correct information.

Thanks a bunch for the replies. I did a Google search and it said that they had to take Uber Select. Thanks for the correct information.
Google info is often outdated. Articles seem to stay there forever and lead to a lot of misinformation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter