Best option: book and do resort change or waitlist?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Hi.. what strategy could be better to get a desired resort? Book the desired travel dates in another resort and keep searching through “Modify” option? Or just put the Waitlist in the desired resort? Can I do both? Thanks

Yes.. a birthday.. but kind of a surprise.. so I am trying to get his preferred resort... but is in wailist today.. if a book another one I will max out my points (incl. next year's).. can I still put the waitlist simultaneously?

Yes, just set it up to cancel the other reservation if it comes through, but I would stalk the availability as well. Be sure to cancel the waitlist if you find it through stalking because it will borrow points and that can’t be undone.

If you don't cancel the reservation that needs more points by 31 days out, an't points left over will go into holding in you change the reservation during the last 30 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter