Best One-Credit Restaurant, not in a park

Colleen27

DIS Veteran
So here's a problem you don't hear much of... We're on the DxDDP but we have so many signatures booked that we're going to be short on credits for the last day plan I'd originally had in mind! It is possible that the credits will work out, because there's one meal where some sharing is likely, but only just barely and I don't want to count on that. I don't like having every credit accounted for - we're too likely to want to fill in a gap between meals or satisfy a late-night craving with a shared meal here or there.

The obvious solution is to cancel our lunch ADR at The Boathouse on our check-out day, because that's the signature we're least attached to, and replace it with a one-credit choice. But which one?

I totally understand this problem! We love DxDDP and have the plan for our December trip--last week I counted up the credits and we were one credit over, too. I'd recommend The Wave or Sanaa for excellent one credit dining.

A hidden gem is Olivia's at okw. A solid performer. Can also boat from DS

Cape may clambake is very popular too, and a nice visit to the bw area

Raglan Road is actually our first night dinner. That's one we try to fit in every trip, at dinner if at all possible because we enjoy the entertainment.

Sanaa is a good idea. I hadn't thought of it - I guess I'm used to thinking of most resort restaurants as just serving breakfast and dinner - but that's an easy one to get to with a car, no worries about traffic or parking at one of the MK area resorts, and the menu looks really good.

Sanaa is very good - especially since u can get the bread service as an app on the deluxe plan.

Last March I was in Disney Springs and needed a 1 TS credit dinner on the deluxe plan. For some weird reason, nothing at DS appealed to us. I ended up choosing to take the boat over to Turf Club. It was a very nice dinner and so easy to get reservations. And that firecracker-type shrimp app they have was beyond delicious. Sooooo good!! Didn't care at all for their buffalo chicken dip though. My DD really enjoys their steak (we have gone 3 times now and for a 1TS place, they make good steak) and I think they have a solid lamb chop. The scallops are huge and cooked beautifully.

We were just there again a couple of weeks ago and had such good service I tipped extra.

Disney Springs has so many interesting options now but I think I will always happily return to the Turf Club. Something about the place always appeals to me.

Turf Club does look good... but they aren't open for lunch. :( Since we're driving and leaving on a weekday, I'd like to be on the road well before rush hour so I don't want to stick around Disney long enough for even an earliest-possible dinner seating.

Another vote for Sanaa. Definitely the best non signature on property. Their food is amazing and unique and you can enjoy the savannah views on your last day.

Sanaa. Unique, flavorful food for a reasonable (by Disney standards) price. Two words: bread service. Two more words: very filling.

Another one for Sanaa. We also love Boma and the Wave. Also if you like the fooling around - we really enjoy Whispering Canyon Cafe.

We're down to Sanaa, Olivia's, or ESPN Club, and we're going to leave it to decide day of since those are hardly restaurants we're likely to have a hard time getting into at the last minute. All three look really good in very different ways, so we'll see what we're in the mood for when we are ready to hit the road, and two of the three are new to us which is always a plus in my book.

The Wave.

That's one we try to fit in every trip, at dinner if at all possible because we enjoy the entertainment.

Weekend brunch!!! No need to do dinner that way. And you get the entire menu plus a brunch menu to order from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter