Best On Site Hotels that have Free Entertainment/Great Lobby to hang out in?

musikdude2022

Earning My Ears
Planning to take a full day of just hopping between resort lobbies, checking out each resort, having a few snacks/meals. Any recommendations about free entertainment, special things to see, etc?

Thanks so much in advance.

I think I would pick an area where you can easily get from one resort to another. So either Magic Kingdom area with monorail, or Epcot area where you can walk. Otherwise you will spend too much time getting from one resort to another.

I think I would pick an area where you can easily get from one resort to another. So either Magic Kingdom area with monorail, or Epcot area where you can walk. Otherwise you will spend too much time getting from one resort to another.
I agree with this, however I'd hop over to AKL if you have time. It has a beautiful lobby and you can see the animals.

My favorite lobbies are Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge. However there is not as much entertainment as has been pre-covid. Also Animal Kingdom can't be beat if you want to see the animals.

PoR won’t he River roost and whomever is the entertainer (we’ve been when yeehaw Bob was not there and they have another pianist.$

Grand Floridian was also another one we loved hanging in at.

Actually the trip is in mid october now!! any updates about things added in the past few month?? thank you!

How are you planning to get from resort to resort? It’s difficult to park at most resorts without having a reservation for the resort or a restaurant. And the Disney bus system doesn’t really go from resort to resort easily. This is why Best Aunt recommended choosing a limited area approach. Such as Monorail or Epcot area resorts. Generally, there’s not a lot of free entertainment at the resorts, except during December. The Boardwalk used to have jugglers, mimes, and other performers in the evening, but they’ve been slow to return on a nightly basis.

How are you planning to get from resort to resort? It’s difficult to park at most resorts without having a reservation for the resort or a restaurant. And the Disney bus system doesn’t really go from resort to resort easily. This is why Best Aunt recommended choosing a limited area approach. Such as Monorail or Epcot area resorts. Generally, there’s not a lot of free entertainment at the resorts, except during December. The Boardwalk used to have jugglers, mimes, and other performers in the evening, but they’ve been slow to return on a nightly basis.
was planning to uber into one resort and then just use internal WDW transportation to explore all the hotels all day long!! make a whole day out of it!!!!

I would def make a stop at AK lodge for the animals.

Ride the monorail and stop at all the big three resorts then take a boat over to Wilderness Lodge. from there you can take another boat over to Fort Wildreness where there’s tons to do. Horse rides, carriage rides, archery classes etc.

You can also do lots in the Epcot area - the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht club, even Swan and Dolphin if you want to check it out. Then you can take the skyliner over to Riviera/Caribbean Beach. Riviera has beautiful grounds and outdoor games.

take a boat over to Wilderness Lodge. from there you can take another boat over to Fort Wildreness
Unfortunately, the boat from WL to FW hasn’t returned yet, but there is a bus from WL to FW.

It goes directly to The Settlement, where the stables that house the draft horses that pull the wagons in the parks and the ponies that pull Cinderella’s carriage for weddings are. That’s also where the carriage rides pick up, and Crockett’s Tavern is nearby for refreshments.

To actually ride a horse, catch the internal bus through FW to The Outpost, where there’s a different stable.

Definitely Skyliner over to Pop Century and check out the Shadow Boxes in Classic Hall-AMAZING display the Imagineers put together!

POP also has a huge Arcade for a little game playing.

Get a cup of coffee,take a little break and sit in Classic Hall,people watch and listen to the amazing Classic Hall Sountrack(pretty cool to sit in a WDW Resort and hear Harvest Moon by Neil Young).

See an Activities Cast Member at POP and get info and do the Skyliner Rally Scavenger Hunt!:)

See an Activities Cast Member at POP and get info and do the Skyliner Rally Scavenger Hunt!:)

:confused3 Okay, now you've got my attention... what is this??!?? Is it currently offered? Is there a fee? A schedule or anytime? Other Skyliner resorts included?

We absolutely LOVE riding the Skyliner! Please do share more info. :surfweb:

:confused3 Okay, now you've got my attention... what is this??!?? Is it currently offered? Is there a fee? A schedule or anytime? Other Skyliner resorts included?

We absolutely LOVE riding the Skyliner! Please do share more info.
No fee, it's just a sheet of questions to answer at each of the Skyliner resorts. You can do it all in one day, or take your time answering if you're visiting each resort in different days. Honestly not sure if there's a prize anymore - it used to be a timed, scheduled thing where you raced other families, but now that there's no schedule and it's not a competition, I don't know that you get anything for completing it. Here's a picture of the Riviera page, just to give you an idea of what it's like.PXL_20220215_024613702.jpg

A lot of the hotels are honestly boring. AKL does have some neat views of the animals and Boardwalk has a nice nightlife. Street acts (magicians, jump rope act, juggling, bands), carnival games, Jellyrolls dueling piano bar, etc.

If you are in Disney Springs, there is a boat to Port Orleans which is great to explore and get a beignets. Boat ride is sooo nice and relaxing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter