• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Offsite Restaurant Options as a Must-Do on Your List?

lat

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
I would like to get some recommendations for our first night's dinner in Orlando. We will be staying at Old Key West and I am trying to find an offsite restaurant that we can try. Any must do on your list? There will be four of us and the youngest is 16.

I currently have Blue Zoo reserved, but I went on Yelp and the review is very mixed with high prices.

Thanks

It depends on how far you want to drive. There is a great place in downtown Orlando, Tin and Taco. Nothing fancy but great tacos and craft beer if you are into that. The other place I suggest especially if you are driving in from north of Orlando is The Yellow Dog Cafe. It is a little further out but we often stop there on our way in if we are arriving late or on our way out when we drive down.

Thanks for your replies. Gosh, it has been a long time since we were at Bahama Breeze....

Black Angus Restaurant--There are 3 in Orlando; we have eaten at the one on Apopka-Vineland Road (Hwy 535) which is noted as "Disney Springs Area" on their website. It was closed for refurbishment during our last visit or two. Looking at the menu, the prices may have gone up a little since our last visit. It is especially close when we stay at Port Orleans Riverside and drive the "back way". Food and service have always been great and much cheaper than anything comparable at Disney.

NYPD Pizza is a great pizza place, located about 15 minutes away from Epcot. Some of the best pizza that we've had, and gets great reviews on TripAdvisor. They have a few different locations as well.

NYPD Pizza is a great pizza place, located about 15 minutes away from Epcot. Some of the best pizza that we've had, and gets great reviews on TripAdvisor. They have a few different locations as well.
NYPD Pizza was a happy surprise for us, too, on our last Universal trip. Very good pizza!

Hash House A-Go-Go. It’s on International Drive closer to Universal. We ate breakfast there and, holy cow. Far and away the best breakfast I’ve ever had. It’s not your regular bacon and eggs place and the portions are beyond massive. I understand it’s sort of a chain but there are so few of them it’s a must do for Orlando.

Columbia in Celebration is great Spanish cuisine and we love a true taste of Chicago with Giordano's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter