Best offsite hotel for large group ??

ColoradoLime

wait awhile between eating and goat staring
Our trip now includes my parents, my brother, and sister in law. So we're 6 adults and 2 kids. I originally wanted to stay at the Explorer's Hotel but from what I can see they have no rooms that include two double bed for 4 adults, only one double and two twins. (What is the European obsession with twin beds?)

The Vienna House Dream Castle looks like our best bet, although more expensive than Explorer's. Any other options out there I haven't found yet?

I don't know what dates you're wanting or for how long but I just had a quick look and the Explorers have a "Room with 1 double bed, 2 single beds and a cabin with a set of bunk beds" if that is any good for you?
A family room at the Santa Fe is showing at around £100 more.

Right - The Explorer's room you mentioned only sleeps 6. We need beds for 8. I know the Explorer's has a room that sleeps 10, but details are lacking and it also appears that there is only one double bed with the rest being twins or bunk beds. I just find it odd to have adult couples all sleeping separately in their own little beds. Like something out of a 1950's tv show. lol

You could always push the single beds together.
I think the explorers is still your best bet for a group of 8- there is a room configuration map somewhere on the hotel site, and as I recall for 8 you,d be in 2 interconnecting rooms, a standard which then connects into another standard.

Last edited:

Right - The Explorer's room you mentioned only sleeps 6. We need beds for 8. I know the Explorer's has a room that sleeps 10, but details are lacking and it also appears that there is only one double bed with the rest being twins or bunk beds. I just find it odd to have adult couples all sleeping separately in their own little beds. Like something out of a 1950's tv show. lol

Whoops! Sorry, I'm sure I searched the website with the party info in your post though, so not sure what happened there >.<

The Marriot Village does 3 bed townhouses. We have stayed there a few times now in a 2 bed one which sleeps 6 comfortably.

I don't think it an obsession with twin beds but a lot of the hotels cater for families with children who don't want to/its not suitable to share a bed. A lot of the onsite hotels have 2 double beds which rules them out for a lot of families due to this.

Sometimes its better to have 2 rooms rather than one as this will give you more bathroom facilities and more space in general. I can't imagine 8 people all in one hotel room.
You could look at Davy Crocket Ranch but can't remember how many the lodges sleep or room configuration but you do need a car to get to the parks as there is no shuttle bus

DCR sleeps only 6, so you would need to book two bungalows. This would give you plenty of space, though!

You could take two rooms in the HiPark, Serris which is the closest off-site hotel to the Disney Park I've found walk-wise, or if you prefer there is a free shuttle bus. They have apartment rooms with bedroom (double bed) and kitchenette/living area and sofa bed, so effectively two double beds. Two of these rooms would give two bathrooms which I would have thought would be essential for that number and I think there are some rooms with two single sofa beds as an alternative if that suits better for children. It is self-catering though and so no cleaning or towel refresh without surcharge. Parking is extra too.

we are currently in the explorers. There is 8 of us. You'd easily push the twin beds together if needed. We booked 2 rooms and requested them beside each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter