Best non-signature restaurant steak on Disney property?

mikeyg1479

Mouseketeer
So, I've seen and heard a whole lot about Yachtsman, Shulas, Le Cellier, Narcooses, etc.

But what about non-signatures restaurants, aka the places you can eat at with one dining plan credit?

There are quite a few places regular table service places that have a steak? Do any stand out? All opinions are welcome, thanks!

Many, many non signatures have a steak on their menu. Obviously the quality of the meat isn't as high. But I was very pleasantly surprised by the steak at Mama Melrose. It was very good.

A couple of 1 TS places that come to mind where I have had a pretty decent steak were Coral Reef and Captains Grill.

We've tried a lot of them (including those that are already mentioned, which were good). Strip steak seems to be the most common cut at Disney regular TS locations.

However, these stand out to us:

• Char-crusted strip steak at the Grand Floridian Café. Fantastic steak with a wonderful sauce overtop
  • Tenderloin at The Wave

Dan

DH is very particular about his steak and thought Captains Grill was one of the best steaks in property. I believe it was a strip.

Sanaa at Kidani Village had an excellent strip steak last Fall. By far the best 1 cr strip steak I have had at WDW. Thick, tender & I could swear it was aged. Maybe ask for the spicy butter knob to be served on the side or left off as it overpowered the flavour of the meat. Honourable mention to the strip at Kona Cafe at the Poly.

Turf Club at Saratoga Springs is also a hidden gem for steak.

i had this among other steaks last year, and the turf club steak was by far the best, def a hidden gem, we even had no reservations and ate out on the terrace well worth a visit if you want a more peaceful meal

My husband LOVES the steak at Kona. We've gone two trips in a row and both times he's choosen that as his "standout meal"

Kona, Turf Club, Sanaa, and Captain's Grill. Sanaa would be my top choice for an overall great restaurant especially if you spring for the bread service. I agree with the above comment to ask for the spicy butter on the side.

Oh and the Wave! The Wave has a very farm to table type mentality and all of there food just always seems so fresh!

Surprisingly San Angel Inn - I had a really good steak there last January. It was head and shoulders above the steak I had eaten at Le Cellier a couple of nights earlier (and as a Canadian it pains me to say that).

We like the filet at Chefs de France. I think any steak at any time can be really good or really bad no matter where you get it.

My husband and I both had yummy steaks and shrimp combo at Disney springs Rainforest Cafe recently and found the steaks to be very good and tender, but it's hard to top the filet at Le Cellier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter