• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best non-prix fixe dining options w/kids

Alli1988

Mouseketeer
My family has always went during free dining... without it this time (yay for my relatives having DVC pts) and overall rising prices... we prob won’t have the dining plan even if it comes back. Kids are older and not as into character meals. On top of this my 10yo is now an “adult” for meals I believe. We do usually do rope drop til nighttime shows and need a sit down restaurant for an a/c break. Give me your suggestions for table service restaurants for ordering off the menu (no buffet or prix fixe) in the parks or on the monorail loop.

MK ~ Skipper Canteen
Monorail Loop ~ Steakhouse 71 (haven't been but reviews are stellar)
Epcot ~ Via Napoli, Le Cellier
HS ~ Brown Derby
AK ~ Yak & Yeti, Tiffins

My additions in bold:
MK ~ Skipper Canteen
Monorail Loop ~ Steakhouse 71 (haven't been but reviews are stellar), Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, California Grill
Epcot ~ Via Napoli, Le Cellier, Rose & Crown, Teppan Edo
HS ~ Brown Derby
AK ~ Yak & Yeti, Tiffins

MK-I've yet to do TS here, Skipper Canteen is on my list though
Epcot- Pick a cuisine. I like Le Cellier and Nine Dragons if I have a long enough trip. I was disappointed by Teppan Edo as the hibachi chefs at home were way more entertaining. (maybe I got one of the C squad chefs). Rose and Crown seems to be a favorite of the boards though.
DHS- I've only done 50s Primetime
AK- Tiffins

Grand Floridian Cafe, Via Napoli, Steakhouse 71, 50's Prime Time, Sci Fi, Compass and Ale (quick walk from Epcot), Beaches and Cream (quick walk from Epcot)

Tony’s, Chefs de France, Coral Reef, Tutto Italia, Le Cellier,
50’s Prime Time Cafe, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Rainforest Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter