Best non-park lunch

Mtraynom

Mouseketeer
Southwest changed our flight and we are flying out at 5:00 p.m. instead of 9 a.m. We do not have park tickets that day, so we need a good place to have lunch. 3 adults, no kids, where do you recommend?

Agree with the above poster that Disney Springs has a lot of great options. My faves are Boathouse, Wine Bar George, Raglan Road and Homecomin'.

Sanaa at Kidani Village (Animal Kingdom Lodge) might be a fun option. Very unique, potential animal views, beautiful resort, delicious food, bread service.

Southwest changed our flight and we are flying out at 5:00 p.m. instead of 9 a.m. We do not have park tickets that day, so we need a good place to have lunch. 3 adults, no kids, where do you recommend?
We just went through this. Our original flight Austin to Portland now had a connection through Orlando. I think when a flight is canceled a computer just randomly assigns you to different flights without taking anything into consideration. You should call SWA, they are very good about working with you.

Last edited:

We had a later flight and caught brunch at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' and we loved it. We had a nice leisurely meal and walk around DS before coming back to catch MDE and head for home.

Depends on what type of food you like. Where you are staying could factor into your choice as well. Also, how you are getting back to the airport, will you have a rental car to stow your luggage in or will you be stowing your luggage at bell services and returning to your resort to collect it and catch an airport shuttle?
I personally enjoy Sanaa at AKV Kidani for lunch on my last day, especially when I have a later flight. I enjoy the relaxing vibe & watching the animals while I eat before I dive into the chaos that is MCO. But not everyone is interested in the type of food offered.

I agree with others. Lunch at Wine Bar George or Homecomin' is the perfect way to end a trip. Especially if you can catch a brunch reservation at either. Amazing food and drinks at both.

I loved my brunch at Grand Floridian Cafe last week. Like you, my flight was at 5:00 on Southwest.

Sanaa or Grand Floridian Cafe (with walk to Poly for Dole Whip) are our favorites. I am not a fan of Disney Springs.

We are staying at CSR and will be stowing our luggage at bell services and taking DME to the airport. I think Disney Springs or one on the monorail resorts will be our best best. I've never tried Homecomin' and it looks good!

Sanaa is really cool because of the Animals. The have changed their menu, so I'd recommend just checking it out first to make sure it will work for you. They got rid of my favorites.

I love to do Beaches and Cream for lunch. Its outside of the parks. But its right next to the boardwalks so you can still see things before and after. I also enjoy Beaches and Cream for lunch because you can actually save money and just order an appetizer like the loaded barrel rolls, which is a really good portion, and be full for $9.00. Save the money for a great dinner later.

Another yes for Disney Springs! Check the DS calendar to see what entertainment is happening too.

Homecoming, The Boathouse, Raglan Road, or Wine Bar George would be my picks at Disney Springs! All delicious, just depends what you think you’d want that day! If you want to stay away from anything too heavy on travel day, the small plates at Wine Bar George would be a great option. Enjoy!

I will echo Sanaa. It’s a must if you’ve never been before. Geyser Point is a nice relaxing lunch spot too.

Beaches and Cream is a great place for lunch as well as all the places that Disney Springs has to offer

My choices in order for lunch non-park:

1..Geyser Point WL...great sitting by the water
2..Sanaa AKL...with table by the window
3..Grand Floridian Cafe...and walk or sit in lobby

If this is a non-weekend day, then my favorites at DS are Chicken Guy, Dluxe Burger and the Boathouse depending on what your stomach is calling out for on the day😀. Weekend days always seem so crowded at DS, so I think I would lean toward one of the resort locations if this is a Saturday or Sunday.

Another vote for Beaches and Cream - super fun lunch, and if you're a fan of the Skyliner like we are, you can go for a joy ride before or after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter