Best "night out" for adults at Disney??

DramaQueen

<font color=green>for the love of LEO!<br><marquee
This will be our first trip to Disney that everyone in our party will be 21+ and we want to plan a fun night out! We're going to be 6 people in our early-mid twenties and since Pleasure Island isn't around any longer I'm hoping you guys can give me some insight on where the adult night time fun happens at WDW! :-)drinking1:rolleyes1

I was thinking of trying out Raglan Road or House of Blue....is there an actual bar scene there, or is it all sit down restaurant type seatin?...and if it's sit down should I think about making a reservation? What's it like after the kiddies go to bed?

Any help from any seasoned Dis party animals would be very helpful! :cool2:

This will be our first trip to Disney that everyone in our party will be 21+ and we want to plan a fun night out! We're going to be 6 people in our early-mid twenties and since Pleasure Island isn't around any longer I'm hoping you guys can give me some insight on where the adult night time fun happens at WDW! :-)drinking1:rolleyes1

I was thinking of trying out Raglan Road or House of Blue....is there an actual bar scene there, or is it all sit down restaurant type seatin?...and if it's sit down should I think about making a reservation? What's it like after the kiddies go to bed?

Any help from any seasoned Dis party animals would be very helpful! :cool2:

We always find Jellyrolls on the boardwalk a super fun time. If you're not at a boardwalk/epcot area resort though, you might have to cab back to your resort if you leave late at night.

We always find Jellyrolls on the boardwalk a super fun time. If you're not at a boardwalk/epcot area resort though, you might have to cab back to your resort if you leave late at night.

Great recommendation! I'm staying at POFQ so thought the boat back from DTD might be a good option, but Jellyrolls sounds fun!! Do you know if there are usually cabs waiting at the Boardwalk or if you have to call one?

Great recommendation! I'm staying at POFQ so thought the boat back from DTD might be a good option, but Jellyrolls sounds fun!! Do you know if there are usually cabs waiting at the Boardwalk or if you have to call one?

I don't know. We typically are at Beach Club ( with a DVC membership ) so I don't know for sure. but I've heard there is.

There are usually cabs waiting at Boardwalk or the valet people can call one for you. Totally second the Jellyrolls recommendation, it's a really fun time! :thumbsup2 Beware there's a cover after 9.

As previously mentioned, Jelly Rolls is a great option but there is a cover charge. Other options include Atlantic Dance Hall (free but often empty), Sosa Cigar Bar or Rix Lounge (Coronado Springs). I've been to rix when its packed and other times its completely empty, check the convention schedule as they greatly effect attendance:

August 30-September 1, Mustang at the Mickyard (CSR is host hotel)

December 13-15, National Scholastic K-12 Chess Championship

June 25-28, HOSA National Leadership Conference

September 19-22, Association of School Business Officials Annual Meeting

(Proposed) September 2-6, Orlando 2015 Worldcon

Totally second the Jellyrolls recommendation, it's a really fun time! :thumbsup2 Beware there's a cover after 9.

But if we get there before 9 there's no cover? I'd like to go to Jellyrolls, but I don't want the expensive cover. We're early birds, so I think we'd get there about 8 and stay until 11 or so.

There is always a cover at Jellyrolls but it is well worth it! We kept skipping it due to the cover. Finally decided to give it a try, it's a must-do for us now! Often more than once a trip!

Another vote for Jellyrolls! Cover is worth it in my opinion - we just get whatever drink special they have to offset the cost, or don't drink much, just enjoy the entertainment. We have always left around midnight or 1 am, got the bus at Boardwalk to Downtown Disney, and the driver usually asks where we're going (if there are no other people with us), and takes us right to our resort after clearing it with dispatch :thumbsup2 Even the times we have had others on the bus, we don't mind taking the bus to DTD, then getting a bus to our resort at the Pleasure Island stop.

Just start the "drink around the world showcase" around 5pm and your night will be great!

Downtown Disney is way overcrowded and not fun to fight even more of the stroller crowd. Find a good hotel bar or pool area and hangout

We were at Paradiso 37 at Downtown Disney at around 10-11pm a few Saturday's ago and we had a blast! Sat outside, had drinks and appetizers and got our groove on with the DJ. Great night!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter