Best Money Value In Parks (or anywhere on campus)

TheDailyMoo

DIS Veteran
With everything being insanely priced and Disney in full nickel and dime/cashgrab mode I thought it would be nice to see what value plays others are finding in the parks...or resorts. You know what is something you were pleasantly surprised with and more than willing to freely pay because you thought it was actually priced much better than it could've been.

I have a few but my biggest one is the lightsaber build at the Star Tours gift shop. Now obviously not the same quality as Savi's but they are of very decent quality and only $30. I mean you can't buy a hat or a pizza for $30 and here the CMs are taking about 4-5 minutes with you (or your kid obviously) to hand select pieces for a working lightsaber toy. My toddler obviously didn't know there was a $200 version nor would they have known the difference. I walked out of there telling my wife they should've charged more for that and let me tell you that is NOT something I ever say. So yeah I feel like this was a definite win when it came to a rare value find at WDW. Have you found any?

I started a similar thread a few months ago and was surprised to see a TON of good food values people had found. Also, some great videos on DFB's YouTube page for food bargains.

For me, the best "something for nothing" at WDW is staying at Beach Club. Yes, it's a premium-priced resort, but with the room rate, you get a water park and instant access to the International Gateway at Epcot- which basically translates to one or two free fast passes per day if you get there even a little before the early entry time.

The refillable mugs you can buy at the resorts. It's good for your entire stay and if you drink a lot of soda, coffee and/or tea, it's a steal for only $20. Especially if you plan on doing some pool time or visiting other resorts as you can fill them up at any Disney resort. It does suck that you can't reuse them on future trips and you'll have to buy a new mug each time, but if you're doing a longer trip buying the mug is a no brainer.

The refillable mugs you can buy at the resorts. It's good for your entire stay and if you drink a lot of soda, coffee and/or tea, it's a steal for only $20. Especially if you plan on doing some pool time or visiting other resorts as you can fill them up at any Disney resort. It does suck that you can't reuse them on future trips and you'll have to buy a new mug each time, but if you're doing a longer trip buying the mug is a no brainer.
I have so many thrown in a cupboard lol.

Trails End restaurant. One of the cheapest AYCTE restaurants (if not THE cheapest) in WDW and the foods good (same kitchen as Hoop De Doo) and it’s an excuse to get over go FW!

Same here lol. I have the 50th one and a few of the Halloween ones. If Disney offered to reactivate the chip on the bottom of the cup for a fee, I would be fine with that too if it meant I could reuse the cup I already have.
I'm a collector (hoarder) by nature so I always want a new one I don't have. I'm right up Disney's alley with that thinking lol.

Trails End restaurant. One of the cheapest AYCTE restaurants (if not THE cheapest) in WDW and the foods good (same kitchen as Hoop De Doo) and it’s an excuse to get over go FW!
I've heard so much about Trails End and would love to go but alas never visited FW in all my years of going! Next trip for sure FW is on my radar. Also just found out about how the camp ground goers decorate all out on Halloween and Christmas which would be very cool to see.

If you look at the menu, it's gone from a buffet to a "family style" skillet. Sadly, there is no fried chicken which is my favorite thing at Trail's End.

If you look at the menu, it's gone from a buffet to a "family style" skillet. Sadly, there is no fried chicken which is my favorite thing at Trail's End.
I’m pretty sure you can request it. When we were walking out we saw a family with fried chicken and Mac n cheese (both not on menu) on their table. My kids were like “you mean we could’ve got Mac n cheese?!” Lol

The popcorn refills are the only good value I use.

Trader Sam's has overpriced drinks, but I think it is reasonably priced for what it is. I've paid that much for drinks in much less cool bars.

I don't know if it is really a best value or more of a tip but I do like ordering off the kids menu at quick service for my Disney trips. Since I like to eat a lot of snacks it gives me room for snacking throughout the day.

I did order the kids meal chicken strips at Connections this last trip and it came with two sides and I selected fries for both while it was only 2 chicken tenders it was 2 cups of fries my husband's adult meal only came with 1 cup of fries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter