Best Mask Available to Buy (now that gaiters in all forms have been confirmed as banned)?

A friend recommended the reusable masks that Target sells. Tried the L/XL today. It was huge on me. The ear elastic is not adjustable. It was really difficult to keep it above my nose. Might work for someone with a large head, but not for me.

Last edited:
I went to a Disney store and measured for the masks and bought 5 of them. They all fit fine, but as stated are a heavier fabric than any other mask Ive owned... but do a great job. They are comfortable for me and DH, my kids did not like the heavy fabric though. One of the 5 is coming apart already but the other four are holding up well.

I have some sewing skills. Anyone had success in using the same cooling material used for gaiters and turning it into a mask? One that isn't pressed against the face tightly, similar to a gaiter. I'm thinking I could buy one more gaiter and make several masks out of them. Or would making masks out of a cooling shirt work? I could get that for a fraction of the price at a thrift store. I've already spent $75 on gaiters (for work and theme parks) and hadn't planned on spending any more!
I'm sewing masks. Tried various mask shapes and various materials. My experience (a rather funny one) with thin material like the gaiters are made out of is that they're great as long as you don't speak. After sewing one (a lime green one) I tried it on. Went up to a mirror to check the fit. Then I started speaking to DH. The thin material got moist fast and sucked into my mouth. When I continued to speak, with the green material sucked inside my mouth .... no joke.... I looked like Kermit the Frog! I went into a laughing fit that hurt my stomach and caused tears to flow!

I work in a kitchen so...heat.. and i find the most comfortable so far are the two pack for four dollar ones from Target! Super cheap and comfy as a mask can be. Looking into the athletic branded ones though now that my gym is also requiring them. I live in louisiana and they are mandated in the whole state
DH and our adult sons like those too! (I have to custom make mine bc I have TMJD)

I really like mine by VIDA. Note - without the filter - it's still two layers and a tight fabric weave. Though, honestly, if I were going, I'd be wearing the disposable surgical ones.

I really like mine by VIDA. Note - without the filter - it's still two layers and a tight fabric weave. Though, honestly, if I were going, I'd be wearing the disposable surgical ones.

i like those also.

I work in fast food and have to wear one anywhere from 8-14 hours a day. I’d tried a few different ones then saw the Hanes ones at Walmart. So far they have been the most comfortable

I like the Target ones (the 2 pack for $4). They run VERY large, I’m a guy with a decently big head and fit perfectly into the S/M size. The S/M also fits my brother who has a smaller face, though. My mom and sister fit pretty well into the child size.

I'm sewing masks. Tried various mask shapes and various materials. My experience (a rather funny one) with thin material like the gaiters are made out of is that they're great as long as you don't speak. After sewing one (a lime green one) I tried it on. Went up to a mirror to check the fit. Then I started speaking to DH. The thin material got moist fast and sucked into my mouth. When I continued to speak, with the green material sucked inside my mouth .... no joke.... I looked like Kermit the Frog! I went into a laughing fit that hurt my stomach and caused tears to flow!

Oh no! Now I'm afraid to try with the gaiter I bought. Maybe gaiter material on one side and...what material is just as cool but not as...flexible? All I know is the two homemade masks I wore at first that a fellow coworker brought in for us are way too hot and caused my face to break out. I don't know what fabric they are but they're not soft. Even the Mission gaiters make my face a little hot sometimes at work, and that's inside! The $15 gaiter with a string from Amazon is cooler than the Mission ones, and that's what I bought to make masks out of.

My Mickey masks showed up today, and although they look great they are a little heavy for Florida weather.

RalphRR
Yes we got ours Friday and sizing is off. I got medium and it’s to small. If anyone orders these order a size up.

I have tried several. I have the Disney mask, they were to small and not real comfy. I got the target ones they are ok. The ones I like the most are Hanes.

Suay masks made from non-woven medical fabric!

The fabric is breathable but with great filtration. It's the same type of fabric used for surgical wrap or drapes. The fabric is also water repellant so it doesn't get that wet feel from your breath the way cotton does.

The pattern is comfortable with breathing room in front of your nose and mouth. The pattern is available for free and I've sized it for my family, bought wrap online, and made us a bunch of masks for our upcoming trip to Orlando.

I just bought the one from the Under Armor Website. It won’t get here until August (backordered) but hoping that if it’s meant for People who exercise then it would be comfortable in the Florida heat. I bought it for my husband who likes the gaiters. A lot of masks haven’t been fitting him but I was able to buy the Mask in the xl/2xl size. Crossing my fingers it works for him. We go to WDW in September.

Please let us know when you receive it!! I have been looking at these, also to go to the gym. The sizing is what keeps me from going ahead and ordering. I usually need masks in XS but the chart said I needed a M which seemed strange.

I have been on a hunt for the most comfortable. I like the Jaanuu and also just got some from Gilli (they have size small on their website). I do not like the Vida ones or the adidas ones. I want to like the Adidas ones but I don't like how close-fitting they are to my jaw. The material is soft though. I've also bought several from Etsy that I like to varying degrees.

A friend recommended the reusable masks that Target sells. Tried the L/XL today. It was huge on me. The ear elastic is not adjustable. It was really difficult to keep it above my nose. Might work for someone with a large head, but not for me.
We tried the target masks on our trip to the World in July and I felt like they kept sticking to my face. My family thought the Atleta masks worked best. I believe that the key is a nose bridge and ear adjusters to get a comfortable fit.

Suay masks made from non-woven medical fabric!

The fabric is breathable but with great filtration. It's the same type of fabric used for surgical wrap or drapes. The fabric is also water repellant so it doesn't get that wet feel from your breath the way cotton does.

The pattern is comfortable with breathing room in front of your nose and mouth. The pattern is available for free and I've sized it for my family, bought wrap online, and made us a bunch of masks for our upcoming trip to Orlando.
Where did you purchase the fabric? I would like to make some of these for our October trip.

Where did you purchase the fabric? I would like to make some of these for our October trip.

Suay LA sells masks on their website. For sewing your own, you can't buy from a medical distributor as an individual so that leaves sites with private sellers like Amazon or eBay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter