• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Magic Kingdom Resort

My vote is for the Polynesian! It has a lovely theme, the resort is fairly compact so no room is terribly far from the lobby, and you can walk to the TTC for a monorail to Epcot. The other two monorail resorts you would have to hop on a monorail to the TTC and transfer for the Epcot monorail, which I wasn't a fan of.

The Polynesian has a lot of great restaurant options too!

Ditto @rwdavis2 best by what measure?? I love the theming of poly but I also love the grand feel of GF. Best resort for walkability is CR 100%. Poly is a thumbs down IMO since it’s an outside walk to the main lobby. But they all have unique pros and cons. I’d stay at any of them with Poly my first choice, CR second and GF third.....for right now. But that may change.

If you could be more specific as to what you are looking for in a resort, we could give better answers. They all have their pros and cons.

Yes, as others have said, there is no "best" since everyone has different priorities for their vacation. For our multi-gen family trip in May, it was everyone's first time to stay on-site and we have a baby in our group. The Poly was a no-brainer for us. Our favorite family vacation was to Maui and we felt the Poly would give us a bit of the Hawaii vibe - which it did! We also wanted to rent a reasonably priced (relatively speaking) poolside patio for several days to have shade for the baby and Poly has that. We loved everything about our Poly stay.

Our friends stayed at the Contemporary last year. A member of their family needed the option for a short walk back to the resort from MK to end his day earlier than the rest of the family. CR was perfect for them and they loved their stay there with a room view of the castle.

Someone else would have a reason that Grand Floridian is perfect for them. The theming, the Princess Promenade in the lobby each day, etc.

If you go to YouTube and search for Tim Tracker you will see very detailed video walk-throughs of each resort. They are 30-45 minutes each. That might help your decision.

All of the monorail resorts have a lot to recommend them. The location, of course, is wonderful. We are big CR fans, but have stayed at the Poly and GF too and thoroughly enjoyed them. You truly can’t go wrong with any of them. The “vibe” is different at each, but the amenities are stellar.

We've never stayed at the CR, but we love the Poly and GF. The Poly is our favorite for many reasons, but the GF runs a close second. But I agree with others that there isn't one that is best as it depends on personal preferences as far as theme/decor, transportation, etc.

We have stayed at all three monorail resorts and our personal favorite is the Grand Floridian. We really feel like we are in a bubble there and the decor is wonderful, you really feel like you are spoiling yourself. We love the courtyard pool. It is large and never feels too crowded. And being one monorail stop from MK is awesome! :cloud9:

Being able to walk from CR to the Magic Kingdom is nice. I've only stayed at CR, but I think it's safe to say that you can't go wrong with any of them.

We have stayed at all three monorail resorts and our personal favorite is the Grand Floridian. We really feel like we are in a bubble there and the decor is wonderful, you really feel like you are spoiling yourself. We love the courtyard pool. It is large and never feels too crowded. And being one monorail stop from MK is awesome! :cloud9:
The resort is beautiful and getting to the MK was super convenient, but during our trip there, getting back to the hotel from magic kingdom, and especially Epcot, was super inconvenient for us. The boat took forever for some reason, the monorail wait and journey took forever. I never thought I would say this but i really missed the buses that trip haha. Otherwise the GF was just absolutely STUNNING, we stayed during christmas time so it was insanely crowded, but we loved the decor.

Which resort is the best that has a monorail option for visiting Magic Kingdom?
I know you are asking for monorail options so might have already considered this hotel, which might be off topic and i totally apologize for that, but have you considered the wilderness lodge? It's considered a magic kingdom area resort, it is off the monorail loop but it has a boat option to MK which is really nice, as well as buses to all 4 parks. Lovely theme, super quiet and relaxing/off the beaten trail style resort. Check it out if you havent already.

I have stayed at all three and don't have a favorite. They are all terrific! Contemporary - within walking distance to MK, lots of food options. Poly - love the theming, the large rooms, and Capt Cooks. Grand Floridian - great lobby, very upscale.

Polynesian: Theme, walk to EPCOT monorail, boat as second option to MK
Contemporary: view from tower rooms (especially MK view of nightly fireworks from balcony) and walk to MK

Which resort is the best that has a monorail option for visiting Magic Kingdom?

All three monorail resorts (Poly, GF, CR) are in the deluxe category, and as such have similar types of amenities: Multiple pools, multiple restaurants, multiple shops, lots of recreational options. All are located on Seven Seas Lagoon. So "best" is really subjective, and will depend on your personal taste in theming and specific amenities. I'd just read as much as you can about each monorail resort, look at photos, and decide which suits your family best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter