• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Lounge Food

Edit: Had time to think about this.

My top three lounges for food --

Nomad Lounge, DAK
Literally every food item on the (admittedly small) menu here is great. Poke... pork belly... bao buns... all amazing! And the theming (and drinks) are top-notch.

Sanaa Lounge, Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani)
Bread service! Plus, it gives you a great reason to explore AKV.

Tambu Lounge, Polynesian
You can get the 'Ohana menu here -- a bit on the sweet side of tiki, but when I'm at WDW I don't mind. (Note: you're no longer allowed to order food to-go from the walk-up counter, but if you manage to snag a seat at the bar you can get your food... and then ask for to-go boxes.)

Honorable Mention
Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, Polynesian
This one doesn't have the best food, but it's pretty good, and the atmosphere is so much fun that the overall experience is elevated. Absolute must-do for me!

Last edited:
I like Tambu lounge at the Poly. The food is good. The issue as stated above, is you can't order food if you do not get a table. There are very few tables.

I like Tambu lounge at the Poly. The food is good. The issue as stated above, is you can't order food if you do not get a table. There are very few tables.
Apologies for going off topic, but what is the purpose of the long line that forms at Tambu? Are all of those people waiting for a table? The last two times I've been on the second floor there have been more people lined up than the tables accommodate.

Apologies for going off topic, but what is the purpose of the long line that forms at Tambu? Are all of those people waiting for a table? The last two times I've been on the second floor there have been more people lined up than the tables accommodate.
Or drinks, to mill about with, I think.

The Dahlia Lounge at the top of Gran Destin Tower at Coronado Springs has really solid apps and super good drinks. It’s not as busy as the others mentioned here (looking at you Tambu) so it’s really a lovely place and you can see fireworks!

Since 'Ohana is right there, there are lots of drink customers and it's probably busiest 5-7pm during dinner. I have never gotten in line for one of those tables. We just watch and wait and sit down as soon as someone gets up.

Three Bridges at Coronado Springs has great food and great atmosphere, especially in the evening. And then as others have mentioned you can head to Dahlia Lounge for a nightcap and watch the fireworks.

They are waiting to be seated at one of the tables. We waited about 30 minutes the last time we were there. It's so much better than jockeying for a table.

Since 'Ohana is right there, there are lots of drink customers and it's probably busiest 5-7pm during dinner. I have never gotten in line for one of those tables. We just watch and wait and sit down as soon as someone gets up.
Can't do that anymore, you need to wait for a server to take you to a table. They have a sign in place that tells you to wait if you want a table. If it's early and no one is waiting, then of course you can just seat yourself. Busy times you have to wait in line.

I the parks our favorites are Nomad Lounge (the best lounge food on property IMHO) at AK and Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge at HS. Outside of the parks we love Territory Lounge and Geyser Point at WL, Steakhouse 71 Lounge at the Contemporary and Jock Lindsey at DS. Boathouse also has a gorgeous outside walk up area and you can order off the full menu I believe.

It's funny, the more often we go to WDW, the more we just graze at the lounges vs making a bunch of ADR's.

Can't do that anymore, you need to wait for a server to take you to a table. They have a sign in place that tells you to wait if you want a table. If it's early and no one is waiting, then of course you can just seat yourself. Busy times you have to wait in line.
Yes, this is what I saw over the summer and it's why I asked the question about the long line upthread. I think the posters who answered me may not have been to Poly recently. So is that line just people waiting for a lounge area table, or are some of them ordering to-go cocktails as well? We had seats at the bar but there were so many people standing around that it was anything but relaxing to sit there. It's always been a hopping place in the evening, but this time it was next level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter