Best Location For Illuminations Dessert Party???

LisaLovesDisney

Disney Bride~December 3, 2003
Hi All,
I am in the process of planning am Illuminations dessert party after my IW in December for about 14 people. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on locations around Epcot. Erin, the woman taking care of the booking of the dessert party has sent me an e-mail of Japan terrace (10 person min) because I would not have to pay the $53.00 fee for having less than 20 people but I was not very impressed with the location and am wondering if I should pay the fee and pick a better spot. What so you all think?? Basically I want to have my cake and eat it to in the sense that I want to be able to see the tapestry of nations and then have a great also have a great spot for Illuminations. I feel that since we are paying for everyone to see it that the location should be amazing and the Japan terrace did not look all that great because we would have a good spot for the parade but lots of people in front of us during Illuminations. Am I asking to much??Any thoughts???

We had ours at the U.K. lower terrace in 1999. During Tapestry, we simply walked back up the path to sit and watch the parade. It was a really good view from there. Our view for IllumiNations was very good also.

Lisa's sister here -

Tapestry of Nations is ending next month, so unfortunately, we are gonna miss that one.

Hi Jenn,
No way,,no more tapestry of nations?? That stinks. So, should we ask for a location right on the water since we don't have to worry about being able to see the parade??

I think we decided to go with the Japan Terrace because Erin our coordinator explained that it is set up above the crowd so it will be a great view and because it allows for a smaller attendence, it fits into our price range. Thanks for the help!! Oh, and Erin did confirm that Tapestry of Nations will be no longer as of March :(

FYI, we had reserved the terrace in Japan once also. It turned out that evening there was an "upgraded" location available - the "France Island Arm" which is closer to UK than the tiered patio on the France side but not as far around the lagoon as the UK terrace. They called us the day before our event and told us at our hotel. Make sure you let them know where you'll be staying so they can reach you in case this opportunity is available for them to move you up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter