• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Kid Friendly Restaurants at Downtown Disney?

TurneyHouse

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are planning our second trip for September/October and we are wondering if anyone has suggestions for lunch dining at Downtown Disney? We have an 8 year old and 4 year old. We didn't go to Downtown Disney on our first trip so we have no clue what it's like. Any tips about it at all would be great! Thanks!!

We did both Earl of Sandwich and T-Rex last time we went. EoS was good for sandwiches, but nothing WOW! T-Rex was a hit with all of my kids (8,5,and4 at the time) and they want to go back this time - it's the one meal they all requested! The food is really good, but huge portions so if you are looking for a lighter meal it might not work. The atmosphere is great though! There are some pics in my Trip Report from 2013 if you want a look.

Agree with PP- TRex cafe was really fun. My 3yr old son LOVED it but my 5yr old daughter was a little scared inside. There is also a Rainforest Cafe in DTD- we have one close to home so we don't go there while at Disney but my kids love it.

T Rex is extremely LOUD. Definately worth a try but it isn't one of our favs. Rainforest Cafe, also loud and busy but fun if you've never been there.

My 10 year old had always been more about the food than the ambiance so I may not be the best source. We like Raglan Rd. and EOS.

Rainforest Cafe is the first that comes to mind. If you have never been, your kids will probably love it. T-REX is similar and is fun if your kids are into dinosaurs.

Our kids loved Rainforest Cafe last time so much that we are going again. I agree it is noisy but the noise is what makes it so neat. If you have never been, there are animals that make noise and then a storm moves thru the jungle. It is really neat! They loved the menu and it had tons of different options for everyone.

We also love Earl of Sandwich for a quick meal, and always finish it off with a stop at Goofy's Candy Co.

Our DD's (teens) love T-Rex. We love the rooms and the different themes. Yes, it's loud, but it's a great atmosphere for kids. The meals are great - big portions too. We had the chocolate extinction dessert (dessert for 4) and it was really good- the 'presentation' was fun too. Your children might like 'the dig site' to play in. Have fun!

Thank you all for your input! I appreciate your help
Is there anything we have to see while we are there? I'm so clueless about Downtown Disney. Thank you so much!

Donwtown disney (Disney Springs) is not a theme park. Its for eating, drinking and shopping. They have a Huge toy store with lots of parts of M. Potato, star wars lasers parts wow! And a Lego shop. Don't Forget the Christmas shop!

Also a pick a pearl but is better at Epcot in Japan pavilion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter